Lion. (2)

A mug full of tea sat before me, completely still. My intention was to drink the warm liquid; however, my eyelids were much too heavy to keep open as sleep was not my best friend at the moment. It's been a few months since the Jungkook and Taehyung or.. V incident. Yoongi was trying to keep Taehyung away from me a lot lately. This started after Taehyung had a talk with Yoongi, I had and still have no clue what they spoke about, however, after reading Yoongi's change of expression. What they spoke about was definitely not about subjects.

I've tried to get the conversation out of Yoongi but every time I would bring it up, he would, without hesitation, change the subject. Well anyway, back to the stable tea, it's not really stable anymore as Yoongi placed his mug onto the counter creating waves in the liquid. Allowing my slow mind to process Yoongi was now in front of me, I decided to ask him about that conversation but before I could open my mouth, Yoongi spoke up.

"Have you been sleeping enough?"

I stared confused at first not knowing how to answer a mere yes or no question but after a while, I shook my head trying to snap myself out of my thoughts but Yoongi took it as an answer. Once realising this, my eyes went wide before I tried to still bring out the lie.

"I have been sleeping enough." To this Yoongi arched his eyebrows, clearly not believing a word.

"Jimin it's not easy to lie to me."

"So why do you lie to me?" I suddenly ask, clearly surprising him.

He opened his mouth to reply but closed it immediately. I watched him as he averted his gaze from me before trapping his bottom lip between his teeth. I stayed silent, desperately wanting an answer and due to Yoongi's nervous actions, I could see how badly I put him on the spot.

Finally feeling bad, I decided it was better if I changed the subject, however before I could open my mouth and allow the words to be said, Yoongi spoke up.

"I'm not lying to you Jimin. I just want to keep you safe. Taehyung is a force to be reckoned with. He's like a lion and you're currently his prey."

I stood there baffled. Fear began to wash over me and I could feel my hands begin to tremble. I was curious about Taehyung but mere discussion about the boy would originate fear in my chest. Yoongi picked up on this and moved around the counter before wrapping his arms around my waist, turning me to face him and pulling me into a warm embrace. Yoongi was aware of the slight anxiety I have and after a few months of living under the same roof, it wasn't going to be hidden forever. months of living under the same roof, it wasn't going to be hidden forever. I mean how can I hide it? It's been an occasional occurrence since I came to this boarding school, especially around Taehyung.

It was a quick response. I wrapped my arms around Yoongi's thin frame wanting to pull him closer. Yoongi specifically told me he wasn't one for comfort but then he also said 'you're an exception.' Yoongi never explained to me why he was somewhat kinder to me compared to others and whenever I would ask he would say 'you remind me of someone.' Which I clearly know is a lie.

Once my breathing was level with my heart rate, I asked-

"What do you mean I'm his 'prey?'"

I felt as his index finger traced circles onto my back, he didn't reply merely pushed me away asking if I was okay now. Clearly uncomfortable with this situation, I let this question slide for now and decided to finally begin my slow and painful day.

*

It was strange not seeing Taehyung around school. I'm used to him not coming to some classes but not being in the campus is strange. He's always, I mean always lurking around. Which now has me thinking, maybe he is like a lion, maybe I am his prey. I hadn't realised that I came to a halt in the middle of the walkway until Jungkook called out my name multiple times. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts, blurting out-

"Am I his prey?"

Jungkook looked stunned, confused and clearly unaware of an answer so I kept talking.

"Taehyung's like a lion and I'm his prey?!" I somewhat yell, freaking out.

I heard Jungkook chuckle which completely snapped me out of my thoughts. Once looking up at him and meeting my stare with his, his small chuckles changed into full out laughter. Now it was a swap in roles, I stood there confused as I waited for him to stop his absurd laughter.

"You're funny Jimin. But yeah, you're also right." He finally said, voice losing any hint of laughter as he continued to speak.

His eye now dark are he as though stared daggers into my gaze, I felt a cold chill run up my spine and he advanced closer. Thankfully stopping with a reasonable amount of space between us.

"Be careful Park Jimin. He will destroy you."

I didn't know how to respond. I was frozen, allowed him to push past me as I stared into the now empty area. Questions soon filled my mind, like an overflowing sink.

Note to self Jimin, don't get involved anymore.

"Jimin?!" I heard my name suddenly get called. The voice was so familiar.

I blinked multiple times, before looking around me and spotting the figure of a boy I never thought I would ever see again. My mouth hung open as I looked at him in complete shock.

"Hoseok?"

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"What am I-" I pointed to myself.

"What are you doing here?" Then pointing an accusing finger at him.

"This is my school? What do you think I'm doing here?"

"What? Well I'm here to see my boyfriend."

"What boyfriend, who is your boyfriend. You never told me this."

"Min Yoongi."

And I swear to you my whole world froze. If this was a T.V show, I would look right at the camera and stare. Like in 'The Office'. But now I stare at Hoseok who is waiting for a response and the only one that passed my lips was-

"What the f-"

However, I couldn't finish it off as a very uninvited Yoongi and Taehyung came by from both ends of the school, both in shock. Just as much as we are. However, the best part is yet to come. Both Yoongi and Taehyung, in sync said

'Hoseok?'

---

A / N

What has this become? Anyway, I really hope you like this new chapter. Alright, to those who do not follow me on instagram (which is in my BIO or just look up vminsdesires) I caught the FUCKING flu and it took me ALL day to push myself to finish this chapter. My head hurts, my body is fucking heavy and I feel like DEATH. Besides that, enjoy.

L.T