Choices. (9)

Being locked up in your own thoughts is painful and sometimes hard to find a way out. When those doors close and those blinds meet, simply creating darkness all around and merely relying on your eyes to capture glances of the area around you. When the people who are so close to you push you into a small place making you question the choices you've made, making you wonder which door to open, to follow whose lead. The silence lingers, eating at you, so quiet ringing screams into your ears. You want out, you want to desperately leave however the voice in your head might stay the same volume but those thoughts scream. They over power all physical sounds around you and the only way to silence them, to finally be able to breathe, is to simply choose a door. There will be consequences when you do, when you finally pull open an exit because someone will get hurt, more than one probably. It's all you who has this power.

His fingers curled tighter around the soft skin against my wrist, probably forming a future bruise. I felt myself being tugged a direction my mind and body did not comprehend with. A jolt of pain struck through my back as it came harshly in contact with the hard, sharp and bumpy surface behind me. An involuntarily wince passed through my lips as the haze in mind grew, not catching up with the current situation. Fear travelled through me, body growing numb, heavy, not knowing what to do or how to react. I was expecting a harsh blow to the side of my face, a piercing pain shoot in my abdomen or a booming voice bouncing off the walls. However, his body looming over mine, his leg that curved, knee pressing against the surface, almost boxing me in, along with the palm of his hand just above my head. It made me wonder what his intentions were. Building up courage to simply crane my head up ever so slightly to catch a glimpse of what expression sat on his face, to grasp any action about to unfold.

Anger was prominent, shadowed over his scabby face. His grip suffocating, pressing with every second that rolled by, cutting off more and more accesses to the fresh air my body longed for in this moment. His dull nails began to press into the sensitive skin on my neck almost making sure to leave a mark, to teach me a lesson, to leave me trembling. His voice was scary low, a deep piercing sound that had an uncalled-for whimper escaping passed my lips to which he of course did not like.

"Are you scared?" He whispered, face inching closer to mine, warm and alcoholic breath, the only painful scent filling my suffocating lungs.

My body went heavy when his hand moved away from my neck, simply wanting to slide down the wall, breathe, just to feel alive again. However, the sudden pain, unbearable pain ripping through me as a choked cry was the only noise I could manage, it kept me standing, fearing him much more. His clammy hands came back up to harshly grasp my face, roughly making me lock eyes with those dark sinister ones. Silence was thick, so thick I could both feel and hear the struggled swallow he chocked down. I held my breath, waiting in anticipation for his next move. Eyes burning as a film of tears coated them, begging to fall as a scream scratched against my throat, burning to escape. Though with the past knowledge of this similar situation, I knew that if I were to cry, to beg or scream, the pain will only get worse. So, I bit my tongue, pressing hard waiting for the metallic taste to coat my tastebuds.

"Jimin." He spoke to which made me squeeze my eyes shut not wanting to see what was going to happen next.

"Jimin!"

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, the first thing I noticed was the warm streaks brushing against my cheeks that soon stung from the cold wind pressing against them. Also, the blur my eyes held towards my surroundings had me confused on where I stood, why my legs begged to give out right under me and why I felt something soft swipe across my cheek. Probably to wipe the tear track left behind. Pressing my teeth against my bottom lip as I inhaled a sharp breath of air, blinking and letting those burning tears stain my cheeks again. This alone cleared my eye sight, once I peeled them open, the sky was dark and the air was crisp with shards of icy wind hitting my bare skin and tearing through the thin fabric that comfortably hugged my body.