CH22

It took two months to sail to Gibraltar, we had to sail entirely around the British Isles and down the entire western coast of Iberia and the disunited kingdoms of Francia before we reached the port city.

We had almost nothing on the ship; just family heirlooms that have been in the Tomlinson dynasty for generations and couldn't be replaced, we also had chests of gold since we emptied Doncaster's treasury so if Doncaster really was destroyed, the Norwegians would get nothing for all their efforts.

I wasn't allowed off of the ship for safety reasons but at each city we resupplied, when I was on the deck of the ship, I heard surprised comments about the flag we were flying since no one has seen the English flag for twenty years.

When we entered Iberian waters, we were actually chased down by a warship and boarded since the Iberian captain thought that we were pirates flying the English flag so we could slip past them and raid their cities. After a long talk and showing them the proof that I was actually myself, they let us go and actually escorted us the rest of the way to Gibraltar. Harry sent a message from an Ireland with Niall's help to Iberia and Gibraltar so they were expecting us.

Gibraltar was completely different than Doncaster. Doncaster was beautiful to look at and other than her highwalls, wasn't built for the purpose of defense; Gibraltar was a literal fortress, not only did the city have high walls, the buildings were also staggered in height with flat roofs so archers could stand on the roof tops and defend the city.

"Gibraltar has stood alone for most of it's life, without the support of the English army or navy, the city was forced to become completely self-reliant. It's beautiful...in a rugged way, like a mountain" Eleanor commented as our ship slid into an empty spot on the docks.

A crowd quickly gathered as the ship's crew dropped anchor, tied the ship to the dock and then started to prepare for disembarking. "Thank you captain" I said as I offered a handful of gold coins to the ship's captain but he waved away the money "Highness we're at Gibraltar, the trade center of wool, cloth and textiles in all of Europa; if I load my ship with Iberian wool and cloth then I'll make enough money that I can retire when I go back home. I should be thanking you for this opportunity" the captain said.

Before I could ask what he meant the clatter of steel on stone made me look over; standing in front of our ship was a young gentleman in magnificent clothing with two dozen guards as an escort and a train of wagons following. "Who is he?" I whispered to Eleanor "I don't know, the Shadows know very little about Europa these days. On his coat though he is wearing the crest of Gibraltar so I'm guessing he is the Governor-General of Gibraltar, the leader of the city".

The main waited patiently as we disembarked, and as I got off of the boat he looked at the golden lion embroidered on my chest of my shirt and he bowed "Highness welcome to Gibraltar, our city is open to you; it's been a long time since we've had anyone from back home visit, especially a royal. Please allow me to escort you to my home, which is now yours". I nodded as the ship's crew started loading up the wagons with the chests we brought from home. The Governor-General nodded at a carriage nearby "Our ride, Highness".

"You must be very wealthy" I commented, noticing the fine woodwork and various carvings on the outside of the carriage. "Thanks to English trade law, we offer better taxes and fees than the Iberians, so merchants prefer to use us rather than any of the Iberian ports. We grow fat and happy off of the Iberians hard work" he chuckled as he opened the door of the carriage for me. He looked confused as Harry tried to follow "Harry is my...best friend, wherever I go, he goes" I said. The guy nodded and allowed Harry to sit next to me. Culpepper, Liam and Eleanor had to walk beside the carriage.

"So what's your name?" I asked "I'm Edward Stanford, Governor-General of Gibraltar" he said. "Edward? I was expecting an Iberian name to be honest" I confessed. Edward shook his head "By English Law, the Governor-General of Gibraltar must be from an English family to avoid a conflict of interest. Although Iberia would never admit it, they desperately want their city back since we're taking away so much of their money".

"What do you do with all the money you collect?" I asked. "Before Norway conquered Britannia, we used to send a ship once a month under escort with gold, fifty percent of the profits. Since you're here, Majesty, please consider Gibraltar's vast treasury as your own personal treasury and feel free to stay here for as long as you like. Please consider Gibraltar as the new Doncaster, at least while you stay within Europa and away from the islands of our home".

I nodded "Thank you" Edward, your hospitality lifts my heart" I said. Edward smiled "Perhaps one day you'll remember that I was your faithful and humble servant and keep me in mind in the future". I nodded, not really understanding what he meant.

His house, the palace, was plain on the outside like the rest of the city but inside it was beautiful; it wasn't as grand as Doncaster's castle but the entire palace was decorated with a beach theme and it was very well done. The walls were carved like the ocean and gave the entire palace a graceful flowing appearance, statues dotted the inside like lone islands.

After Edward introduced me to his family he showed me to my room "This room has never been used, it was built to house a royal like yourself but none ever came so you'll be the first inhabitant; please call me if you need anything, I'll help your assistants settle in. My staff is also yours to command" Edward said before leaving.

"I'm glad to be on solid ground again" I said, laying down on the bed. "I did too, I miss sleeping with you" Harry said. On the boat we had to sleep separately since the hammocks could only hold one person; it made for very cold and lonely nights. I sat up "Harry, your prince demands a kiss" "I am a true Englishman; whatever my prince desires, it's my duty to obey" Harry said as he walked over, sat on my hips and brought our lips together.

As the kiss deepened, I groaned in frustration as the prison that was our clothing kept us trapped; it didn't help that Harry gently pushed me down to the bed as he started to grind into my hips with his bum. His hands started trailing down to my waist but I pushed them away "We can't" I said against his lips.

"I'll spend an eternity in hell for just half an hour in bed with you" he replied back as he brought his fingers back to my waist before hooking them and slowly dragging my pants down. I wiggled out from under him and stood up, ignoring my throbbing hardness that begged me for to keep going "Harry we just need to wait a little longer" I said as I pulled my pants back up

Harry fell back on the bed in frustration, his hardness standing as erect and proud as a flag pole "Yeah, yeah, I know once you're crowned king or whatever but Louis I can't wait that long". I went over and kissed his forehead "We have too".

I dove into a chair as Harry sat up on the bed and adjusted his pants so his erection wouldn't be as obvious "Enter" I said when we were both decent. A servant poked his head in "I'm here to tell that supper will be ready soon and the lady Eleanor went for a walk around the city". I nodded and the servant went back out, closing the door behind him. "Eleanor is probably out collecting gossip and information, I should do the same" Harry said, standing up. I nodded, it might be best for us to get some space and let our passions simmer back down to normal.

I wasn't alone for long though, Culpepper and Liam came into my room sooner after Harry left. Culpepper was excited, the prospect of finally opening lines of communications with the other Kings and Queens of Europa had him convinced that this was a blessing in disguise.

Dinner was a simple yet extravagant affair at the same time; the food itself was simple, mainly comprised of fish, but for live entertainment Edward got musicians as well as acrobats and jugglers. Near the end of dinner, Harry finally rejoined us with a letter in his hand "Louis, King Antonio of Iberia wants to meet you and has invited us to his castle in Madrid".  Culpepper smiled "And so it begins"