CH 37

Being here without you

Is like I'm waking up to

Only half a blue sky

Kind of there but not quite

I'm walking round with just one shoe

I'm half a heart without you

I'm half a man at best

With half an arrow in my chest

I miss everything we do

I'm half a heart without you

Forget all we said that night

No it doesn't even matter

Cause we both got split in two

If you could spare an hour or so

We'll go for lunch down by the river

We can really talk it through

Half a heart without you

I'm half a heart without you

Though I try to get you out of my head

The truth is I got lost without you

And since then I've been waking up to

Only half a blue sky

Kind of there but not quite

I'm walking round with just one shoe

I'm half a heart without you

I'm half a man at best

With half an arrow in my chest

Cause I miss everything we do

I'm half a heart without you

I put down my quill and looked the poem over; the poem was at the bottom of my latest letter to Harry. I put down the quill though though as Fleur, my month old daughter, started crying in her crib on the far side of my bedroom. One of the wet-nurses all but ran into my room to breastfeed my daughter by the empty fireplace. Fleur had more personal staff than I did so whenever she cried, someone was always ready to take care of her; it was slightly annoying to have people running in and out of my tower all day but I didn't say anything.

My daughter lived with me instead of her mother; Maria didn't want anything to do with our daughter. Maria claimed the child to be Satan's spawn since she was certain that she was going to give birth to a boy but Satan must have intervened and changed the boy to a little girl. This lead to a full scale investigation lead by Cardinal George and my Templars but their results were inconclusive; although they took my daughter away for three days as they performed exorcisms and cleansing rituals on her, just in case. I couldn't care less how my daughter was born but she was here now; I named my daughter after the Frankish word for 'Flower' since she was so pretty.

After Fleur had some lunch, the wet nurse moved to place her back into her crib but I motioned for her to come over and was given my daughter. I placed her on my lap, on her back, so her head was on my knees and her little legs pressed into my stomach. I tickled her plump little tummy and she giggled at me before I gently bopped her nose and she giggled again, causing me to smile at her.

I looked over as Culpepper entered the room carrying a large piece of parchment paper, he handed it to me without a word and I looked it over; it was a draft of a letter that would be sent all across Europa, as far east as Russland, Poland and Austria, as far south as Italia, Byzantium and Egypt, and as far west as Iberia. While Egypt was a province of Byzantium they still had a proud royal family that could trace their history back to Cleopatra.