CH 34

Louis POV

It was easy enough to get into the castle with our uniforms and Erik lead us directly into the throne room where several people were sitting, talking; I got angry as I looked around the room. Tacky blue tapestries hung around the room, covering the artwork engraved along the walls. The throne was ruined; the golden lions that sat on either side of the throne had deep gouges within the metal, as if someone had taken an axe or something to them.

I flinched as a man with brown hair and blue eyes started speaking loudly to us in a language I didn't understand, on the verge of shouting. Erik spoke back calmly to the guy before he started walking away, so we all followed. "You three are going to serving my brother dinner tonight, congratulations" Erik said. "How did you do that?" Liam asked. "I just said that you three volunteered to guard him, he's panicking right now and he trusts me" Erik turned to look at me "Never trust anyone, Prince."

We waited in Erik's room for a few hours until it was dinner time when we put on the uniforms again. "Just follow my lead alright, you guys don't speak Norwegian so just stay silent. Also to really sell it I'm going to scream and shout at you but don't take it personal alright. I'll give you the signal when we're ready to kill him" he said as he gave us all daggers from a box in his room.

We followed Erik down to a private dining room where that man with brown hair and blue eyes sat, alone. He said something in Norwegian and Erik replied before turning to us and motioning to a door as he spoke. We went through the door and found trays of food sitting there. "Is he really that nervous that he doesn't want his own staff to serve him dinner?" "Well, one might say that he as a reason to be cautious" I said with a smirk before picking up the soup.

Following Eleanor's knowledge on proper service, we served Erik and his brother and after each dish we waited for a signal but nothing happened; it seemed Erik was giving his brother a last supper. After dessert was eaten, Erik stood and walked over to his brother before saying anything in his ear. With a sigh he glanced at the three of us before taking an eating knife from his coat and stabbing his brother in the back, Erik stabbed his brother repeatedly until his brother stopped screaming and moving; my two friends and I stood there in total shock.

Erik sighed and wiped his bloody hands on a cloth "It is done, I'll call the retreat, we'll leave by sea, thank you Louis; you saved my nation" he said before started to walk out. "Why did you do that?" I asked. "He may have been an idiot and the worse thing to happen to Norway, but he was still my brother and I could not let foreigners kill him."

All of us whirled to the door as three real guardsmen entered; Erik said something in Norwegian and then fled out of the room through the food door as the guardsmen rushed at us with their axes. Eleanor pulled out the dagger under he coat and charged at them saying "Liam, stay back, you're my back up! Protect the Prince."

Eleanor fought with a deadly grace, it looked like she was nearly dancing; daggers were stabbing weapons while axes needed to be swung. Eleanor graceful flowed around the axe heads as they whizzed through the air since she needed to be closer; however her dagger wasn't her only weapon. She threw a cup of wine into the face of one of the guards, who started to scream as the alcohol burned his eyes; his screams were silenced as she stabbed him through his unarmored neck.

I have sparred with Eleanor and while I always knew she was skilled, I never realized how deadly she was because she was always holding back; in less than three minutes all of the guard man lay dead or dying on the floor. "We need to find a place to hide and wait until the Doncaster army comes" she said, putting away her dagger and walking out one of the doors.

Half an hour later, we watched from Erik's room as fleets of ships fled London and set sail to the east as a long line of light appeared on the horizon; the Doncaster army marching by torchlight. We watched as the gates opened and my army entered the city walls. England was mine, and soon, the rest of Britannia. Below us, cheers and music started playing as English troops marched inside of London for the first time in twenty years.

-

The next morning I was surrounded by everyone; the troops from Calais crossed the channel once they heard we had retaken London; they would finish the war preparations here. I sat on the throne as Cardinal George walked slowly toward me holding a crown I have never seen before; the crown of my father, locked safe inside of a hidden room in the palace.

People moved out of the way of the Cardinal as he approached and he placed the crown on my head "Louis William Tomlinson, Defender of the Faith, by the power vested in me by His Holiness the Pope who has power vested in him by God; I now proclaim you High King of Britannia". The room exploded in cheers "Long live the High King!" "God save the High King!"

People came up to congratulate me, and over my shoulder I heard "It's about time isn't it? I knew you could do it" I turned around saw Peter, my old friend from Doncaster. "Peter!" I said walking over and hugging him "I've missed so much dear friend". "I've missed you too...my king" Peter said as we pulled away "I trust you'll tell me all about your adventures over a goblet of wine and dinner?" I nodded "I'd love too, I have to much to tell you".

I didn't notice that behind me, Harry narrowed his eyes to near slits.