CH 45

I stood in my room, supervising the servants that were packing up all my belongings. Chests filled with my belongings were carried out to be taken on the next wagon caravan to Hull, where my stuff would board a ship to London. The entire castle was like a kicked anthill as servants scurried to and fro; the entire court was bustling as diplomats needed to get letters out to their masters and entire families had to pack their belongings.

I decided to move Britannia's capital to London, to be closer to Normandy and Francia, so I would be quicker to respond to any developments that may happen. Harry was already in London, getting ready for me as it was technically his city and I would be moving into his castle.

"Father I've decided I'm going with you" I turned around and saw Henry standing there, wearing his golden circlet "I've started to pack my things as well." "You don't want to stay in Doncaster?" I asked. "I may be the new Duke but...I think I have a ways to go before I can rule anything" he admitted. I smiled "Just be thankful you didn't have to learn everything overnight like your old man. Have you decided which staff you'll leave behind to watch the castle? Henry nodded as he said "Yes, I've also informed Briana's staff that they are to stay here as well" Henry smirked and I patted him on the shoulder with a smile "Good lad."

"Father...have you decided on a wife for me yet?" Henry asked nervously, although trying not to show it. We were interrupted when Briana stormed in "Louis why won't my staff begin getting ready my things for us to leave?" "Because you're not going" I said shortly, trying not to get annoyed by her existence. "Louis" Briana said dangerously "Remember our agreement."

"Briana I have far larger problems to deal with now-a-days my patience is at an end!" I said, trying really hard not to shout or show my anger. "Then you won't mind if Henry and I have a chat?" she asked innocently. "He won't believe you" I said, calling her bluff. Henry looked back and forth at us in confusion before Briana left in a huff. "I'll just...be on my way, by your leave Father" Henry said before walking out as well, no doubt catching by now highly annoyed attitude.

-

Henry's POV

I stood in the stables grooming my personal horse to get him ready for the boat ride to London tomorrow with me. "Where is Prince Henry?" I heard Theo asked, probably to one of the stable hands. "He's in Zephyr's stall" one of the hands replied. "Henry!" Theo said, running into the stall, nearly getting kicked full in the face as my horse was startled by his sudden entrance.

"Fool" I chuckled as Theo picked himself up as I calmed my horse back down. "No look" he said, holding out a sealed envelope to me. "It's a letter to Peter, the outcasted noble who Harry ruined almost single handedly years ago" I said after glancing at the addressee "So?" "So, Lady Briana was sending this to him, why?" Theo asked. "To maybe look for a new bed to infest? Do you fancy yourself a Shadow now? Trying to find some grand scheme of courtly intrigue?" I asked.

"Let's just open it, you know how to reseal the wax seal right?" Theo asked. "Well yeah but...wait why am I trying to talk you out of this?" I said as I grabbed the letter and used my dagger to carefully peel off the wax seal.

"Farmer is becoming uncooperative, do you think the Queen is ready to pasture the calf? We must hasten our plans before Farmer becomes even more rebellious, I'm going to lay low for a while. Quill remains unsure, might need more gold to persuade him but he won't say anything to give us away - B" I read out loud before saying "I don't understand." "We should turn this over to Eleanor, the Shadows might understand a little better than we do." "Well hold on, a mystery is afoot, we can figure this out, a King's job is to be able to figure things out from little to no information right?"

"I just hope this isn't serious, like it's just a harmless message..." Theo said nervously. "Let's make a copy and then send it on it's way to not arouse suspicion" I said, already walking out of the stable. "How did you even get this message?" I asked as we walked toward the stable were messanger boys hung around with their ponies, ready to deliver any message that was given to them. Pigeons were used only between established, specific, routes like from Doncaster to London or Cardiff to Edinburgh, so they were limited.

"Briana gave it to me to deliver" Theo asked. I chuckled "Maybe when I'm king I'll make you my Shadow, you seem to have a way with people." "I don't even even know why" Theo admitted. "You probably got it from your uncle, every loves Niall" I shrugged.

"Master Henry" a voice called out, I turned to see Father's friend and secretary Liam walking towards us "Do you know what happened with Lady Fleur?" "I think she went back to Iberia a couple of days ago...?" I answered, furrowing my eyebrows as I tried to remember. "I don't think so, the Spanish Star is still in port in Hull which is why I'm trying to find her. Maria nor her brothers have seen her anywhere, but she usually spends time with her Uncles."

I shrugged and Liam sighed "Louis won't like that we don't know where she is." "Why?" I asked. Liam paused. "...Well become he cares deeply for all of his guests, you know that" Liam said a little too quickly "I must be going, take care you don't fall into any mischief" he said before walking quickly away.