Chapter 12: It's Him. The One.

Afaaf's POV

I had finally joined the Muslim Women's Community after such a long time of requesting for my entry in one of their classes. Thanks to Aunty Sabeeha the problem was solved and I could join classes on Monday, which I did. The course was about The Seerah of Prophet Muhammad may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. The course was 3 months long with one class every weekend. It was so convenient for working women like myself. I was introduced to my class as "Aunty Sabeeha's daughter in law". Everyone was so sweet. Only a few of them were around my age. At the end of the first class, a pretty girl around Amna's age came up to me and greeted me politely. She said her name was Khadija and she was some Zubair's wife. I didn't know why she expected me to know that and why was being so informal around me. It felt so weird so I asked,

"You don't look familiar. Have we met before?"

"Aren't you Imran's wife?"

"I-I am. How do you know my husband?"

"Did Imran never tell you about Zubair? Strange... Our husbands are friends since college"

"Oh! Imran doesn't talks about his friends much". It was my fault. I felt so bad for never talking to Imran about his life. Every conversation, everything we hardly talked about was all about me and my sorrows.

"They play football together every Friday. He must've told you that"

I didn't reply to that. I was so far away from Imran. I didn't know anything about him. I just lived with him and was a silent part of his life. That was it. It felt so upsetting.

Khadija and I quickly exchanged numbers as it was time to leave.

"Do you have any idea what you're doing?", I asked Imran as I looked at him do something in my car's bonnet.

It was Sunday today; the day we decided to have dinner together at mum's place. It was noon now and Imran was trying to fix my wrecked car. It was a new Mercedes and I didn't know a single thing about fixing cars. So I just stared at Imran as we stood in the garage.

"I'm trying to figure out the problem", he said as he kept fiddling with my car.

Imran was wearing a black shirt and knee length brown shorts. The shirt hugged his muscular posture so well, it made me stare. Imran was not the usual well built up hunck sort of guy but he did have huge muscles compared to mine which was funny because he was such a lazy butt and no one could ever tell that by his looks.

"I suppose I've fixed it now", I snapped out of the starting trance as he closed the bonnet with a loud thump.

He got inside my car and tried to start it. After trying three times it finally worked.

"Yay! Marco is back". I called my car Marco. No reason behind it. I just wanted a name for it.

"Thank you Imran", I grinned as he stepped out of the car smiling.

"Now you owe me something!", he smirked.

"What?", I asked looking confused.

"I'm really hungry. Make me a chicken sandwich, french fries and banana milk shake"

"You just had lunch KungFu Panda!"

"But you owe me!"

"Ya Allah! I reckon you ever participated in a 'All you can eat competition' ".

"Hmm... Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I might try one day"

We went back in the living room laughing and suddenly everyone was noticing us a lot more than usual. I get it why they used to stare since we were the new couple in the Khan's residence but should be getting over it now. A lot of time has passed.