Chapter 20: Trust Him

Afaaf's POV

I was glad he liked the present. I had no idea what to buy for him since I've never bought anything for a guy so I just hoped he liked rings. I kind of knew that he did since he always wore two rings which I figured were his favourite.

"No you don't", he said when I tried to get up from his lap.

This was so awkward for me. I was in his lap! I was afraid he might find out how heavy I was. I was one of those short girls who were small but chubby. I felt that all the fat in the body was being squeezed at my waist line. I hated being short. And fat. But Alhamdulilah I was free of fat thighs which is the most common issue among girls of my age.

"Imran, please...", I said softly and tried to get up.

But he grabbed me and pulled me back down, "Why?", he looked at me with his beautiful eyes growing darker, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

"Tell me"

"Imra-", I tried to get up again.

"You aren't going anywhere before you tell me whats bothering you. I can't read your mind. You have to say it"

"I just... I don't like sitting like... this"

"What's wrong with it?", he secured me in his arms putting the guide book aside.

"I don't want you to feel my weight over you", I looked down embarrassed.

"What weight? You're as light as a feather", he kissed my cheek gently.

"Oh really?". As light as a feather? More like as light as KungFu panda.

"Yeah

"Yeah. You're not over weight at all. I remember lifting you up and it took no effort. Seriously"

"Lifting me up? When?"

"When aunty was in the hospital and you fell unconscious when we were eating. I had to lift you and put you on the wheelchair"

"You lifted me up?", He lifted me up?!

"I did. And never worry about your weight. I am the who should be worrying about mine", he chuckled.

"No. You're one of those lucky ones who keep over eating but never go fat"

"Being Imran has it's perks you know"

I laughed with him and fell another bit more in love with him. Little by little he was making me his.

We continued looking up the next destination on the book while I was still sitting on his lap and forgetting the slight discomfort I was feeling before. I had met Imran not more than 4 months ago and have been married to him for only a little more than 2 months but it felt like I had known him since long. I loved all these beautiful new feelings.