Chapter 27: Suspicions PART 1

Afaaf's POV

WHY THE HECK WOULD IMRAN KEEP MARIA'S PICTURES IN HIS LAPTOP! I thought he disliked her and wanted to avoid her. IS THIS WHAT HE CALLED 'AVOIDING'?

There were more than 10 pictures of her in this folder and all were in the tight clothing that I highly disliked. She posed in every picture like an attention seaker and I so did not wanted her to seek my husband's attention. Why was Imran keeping her pictures in his laptop?!

Insecurities were closing on me from every side which made my mind to go ways my heart didn't wanted to. I was about to cry. This can't be. Imran is not cheating on me! I know! He loves me so much. His love is the best blessing of Allah I had experienced in my life. The amount of love he has been showering me with can't be false.

He is not cheating on me! I know! I know him and I trust him!

I kept telling my mind. But I couldn't convince it. The sight before my eyes on the laptop screen was making my suspicions grow stronger. Shutting the screen with a loud thud I kept it away on the couch. I didn't care if it broke or not I just didn't want to touch it anymore.

An old fear crept in. The fear of being heartbroken by a man who'd win me with three words. I. Love. You. That's the fear I had been living with my whole until Imran came and shoved it away. No! Imran wouldn't do this! The glint in his eyes was true! His heart beating for me was true! My name was written next to his in Qadr of Allah. He was my soulmate! The one who Allah had decided to bond me with.

I was sitting on the bed crying. Losing every last bit of my hope to the growing fears who had become stronger on their way back inside my heart.

Stupid! Imran is your husband! You know how he is! You have seen him lower his gaze! He can't even come close to doing such a thing to you!

But... Those pictures. Her pictures. On his laptop. It can't be a coincidence. It can't be a mistake.

Afaaf, you're just thinking too much. You always become way too suspicious. Just like you were being suspicious about that call and it turned out that he was just with Zaid bhai on the phone. This is just another suspicion. You'll get over it once you talk to Imran.

It's not your suspicion. It's your gut feeling. Don't you feel it. It's your wifehood telling you something important. Doesn't it trigger your thoughts a little? He is, after all, a human being. What if he really has made a mistake?