Chapter 5: Telling Celeste The Truth(1/2)

💔America's POV💔

I was the only one standing at the entrance of the palace waiting for the rest of the Elite besides some of the palace staff. Maxon told me that his parents and Kriss wouldn't be able to greet them, so they'll greet them at dinner before The Report. Maxon also said that I and hopefully the rest of the Elite will be on The Report as well.

About five minutes later, a black limo has arrived. I saw a brunette with long legs step out of the vehicle with sunglasses on. I knew who it was, even if it was from a mile away. It was Celeste Newsome. We started to become true friends before Maxon announced who would be the winner of The Selection.

"Now, who is this red head girl? I heard that she can quite brave." Celeste said while smiling and taking her glasses off. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she was messing with me.

We exchanged a hug and walked inside of the palace.

"Wow. The palace still looks magnificent!" Celeste said in awe.

"Miss?" a maid asked to get Celeste's attention. 

"Yes?" asked Celeste.

"You'll be staying in your room from when you were in the Selection." the maid replied.

"Thank you." was all Celeste said before the maid walked away.

"Well, looks like we'll be living near each other again for a month." Celeste said. As we walked to my room, we talked about what happened with Celeste in her hometown and about what happened in the palace while she was gone too. She teased me when I told her that I was drunk the other night.

We arrived at my room and Celeste went instantly to my makeup dresser to look at herself in the mirror.

"Celeste," I sighed, "You look fine. You don't have to look in the mirror."

"Hm? What's this?" Celeste asked curiously as she found Kriss' note. "Have you read this yet?"

"Nope. I got it the afternoon I was drunk and never touched it since." I replied back. She read the note and her face instantly turned into a look of horror and shock.

"Uh... America? What is this about?" Celeste asked, her voice shaking.

I took the note and read it myself.

You shall never tell anyone my secret America Singer. If you do, I'll have the Southern Rebels kill your family one by one. Do not interfere with my plans.                                                                                                                                                                                                -Kriss Ambers

The way the note was written looked like it was written in anger. All the emotions I felt at that moment I couldn't describe. I only stayed silent.

The only thing I could say back in response is, "Celeste, I have a plan. Meet me here at 9:00 tonight after The Report. And this time, don't wear any makeup. You don't want to drag attention to yourself tonight."

"Why?" she asked.

"Just do it. You would want to hear what my friends say tonight. You mustn't tell anyone about this. If you do, who knows what Kriss will do to you. To all of us." I explained.

"O-okay. See you at dinner then. Bye." she said then left. I just stood there for about five minutes until I ran out of the room with the note in my hand to find the only one who can help us out of the palace.