Chapter 20: Afterwards

✨✨America's Point of View✨✨

2:00 am, Tuesday morning. Currently it's been one day and two weeks out of the month I'm in this irritating  palace.

It's been the most longest and agonizing two hours of my life. Ever since Officer Woodwork and I barged into the Hospital room of the palace, the doctors and surgeons have put Aspen under surgery immediately. I was tired, emotionally and physically, and agitated. How long does it take to take out a bullet from a pistol?

I was about to ask a nurse if they were updated on Aspen's condition until a doctor came out with a clipboard in her hand. I immediately stood up. I saw that her nametag read Dr. Taylor.

"Dr. Taylor! Is he okay?" I asked worriedly.

She flipped a page on her clipboard and said, "Yes, he's doing fine. The bullet missed his left lung only by a few inches. He lost a lot of blood, but he's recovering right now. He's very lucky to be alive."

"Well, when can I see him?" I asked.

"You can see him after breakfast today. We want to give him some time. He will be released by the end of this week, maybe even later." Dr. Taylor replied.

I want to stay here until I can see him, but I know I'll be kicked out. Plus, Aspen wouldn't want me waiting uncomfortably and having a possibility of catching a cold because of him. It seemed like the walk back to my room took ages to arrive at. My mind felt so blank, yet full at the same time. I don't know what to do.

Kriss' Point of View

Ugh!Why! Why! Why! WHY! WHY!A million times over! WHY!!! Why is she not dead yet! I had put one of my most trusted soldiers out there! How could he had not performed a simple task!? All it takes is aim and pull back a trigger!

It's currently 1:00pm, Tuesday afternoon.

I got moved to the Princess' Suite before I went back home for my parents' death anniversaries. I just start throwing things left and right. I don't care if it's decades or centuries of years old! I just feel very upset. Only my brother, Alex, knows what I'm like when I'm angry. 

I acted like this when I found out the real truth of my father. 

I was told when I was 12 by the Byars. They explained to me that my Papa was the Leader of the Southern Rebels. They said that he took a high extreme undercover assignment to get valuable information and plan a major attack on the palace.

The day of the attack, Papa was running towards the library, with Micah(Mr. Bayar, a Southern Rebels too). They were surrounded by three of the palace guard. It was 2:3. they shot the best they could. 

Micah noticed one last palace guard aiming towards my Papa; the first two guard were killed right when he and Papa were surrounded. Micah warned Papa and quickly and shot the guard, that wanted to kill Papa. It all happened so fast. The palace guard fell as Papa turned around and faced Micah.

"Please, take care of my children. I love them." were the last words Papa had said before he fell to the ground. 

That day the Bayars had told my brother and I the truth, I had a major meltdown. No one dare bother me, but my brother himself. He tried to comfort me. I denied at first, but then broke. My brother held me tight until I calmed down.

Over the years and until the Selection entries began, my brother and I had this passion of anger to get revenge on the Royal Family, and much, much more.

❤️✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨❤️  

By the time I had to take a breath, most everything that was breakable, was shattered. Vases, crystals, and ceramics, were all shattered, like my past, and the palace soon to be. Jewelry and ornaments were strewn and scattered about the room.

Not a second later, someone burst into my room. Through the door that conjoins Maxon's room to mine, he came storming in.

"I heard many things crash when I was waling by. I tried to open your front door, but it was locked. So, I had to go through my room just to get to yours. Are you okay? What happened?" Maxon explained and asked with an expression of worry.

"Sure." I said in a higher voice then turned around with a fake smile plastered to my face. "You could say everything is fine. I just had a little meltdown.

"Okay?" Maxon said with a look of confusion on his face.

"You could say it's wedding jitters. I've seen my mom do this a few weeks before she got married to my father." I lied. It hurt to lie about that and to not call Papa 'Papa'.

❤️✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨❤️