Chapter 12: Princess Nicoletta

💔America's POV💔

The dinner for Nicoletta's arrival at the palace lasted for about an hour and a half until people started to file out for the party in the Great Room.

Throughout the dinner, Queen Amberly and Kriss talked about the wedding plans. I'm actually glad that I haven't helped on that for the past few days. Nicoletta talked about how things were in Italy and she lied about the reason to be here. She just said that I invited her over for some girl time with me, Queen Amberly, and Kriss. Only Celeste, Nicoletta, and I knew the real reason she was here.

I also told them that I invited some friends here to the palace and that they'll arrive during the party in the Great Room.

About 10 minutes into the party, August and Georgia arrived. Georgia was wearing the same dress as last time when she met Nicoletta and August is wearing a suit. I guess he got that from Aspen, or he got it from someone else.

"Hey America!" Georgia said as she pulled me in for a hug. 

"Hello Georgia." Celeste greeted the Georgia pulled her in for a hug too.

"So, when do we need to talk about Kriss?" August whispered.

"Well," Celeste started to explain. "I don't think we can do it in this room because the media is here. We could just make up an excuse and leave, or we could just meet up in someone's room tonight." I saw out of the corner of my eye that Nicoletta is walking towards us.

"Hello Georgia. It's nice to meet you again." she said then curtsied. Georgia did the same as August bowed and Celeste and I curtsied.

"So," Nicoletta started to say. "I heard from America that we needed to talk about Kriss and that I may be able to help on that?"

"Yes, we do need to talk. Celeste explained that we may not be able to do it in here because of the media. She suggested that we make up an excuse to leave this room for a bit or just meet up in one of our rooms tonight." Georgia replied.

"Oh. Well, does Prince Maxon know about this? Does anyone else know about this?" Nicoletta asked curiously.

"Yes and no. Ma-" I started to explain until a photographer wanted to take a picture of us.

"Smile!" she said. She took a couple of picture then walked away.

"That was close." Celeste stated then sighed.

"What do you mean by yes and no?" Nicoletta asked with a look of confusion on her face.

"I mean no because Maxon doesn't know about this. I mustn't tell him because it may put him in even more danger than he is in now. I mean yes because there are three other guards who know about this. One in particular knows more than the other two." I explained.

"What's the name of the guard that know more than the other two?" Nicoletta asked.

"Aspen Leger." I replied.

"So, when should we go and talk? Do you guys want to do it now or later?" Celeste asked.

"How about after the party ends?" August started to say. "We could go to some quiet place and discuss there."

"Okay. For now, let's enjoy the party." Celeste said.

Princess Nicoletta's POV

It seemed like the party took forever to end. In reality, it only took three hours, a normal length for a palace party. Right now, it's 9:30 pm. People are starting to leave the Great Room while America, Celeste, August and Georgia, and I stay behind to talk for a bit. The Royal Family and Kriss left since they all had something else to do or finish up.