Chapter 24: Coming To An End

America's Point of View  

The next week and a half passed by like a snail moving across the thin grass. 

Let me tell you.

Maxon put me through more of an emotional mess, Celeste had a little mishap with Maxon, twice. She kneed him in the groin, again, which was kind of hilarious. Aspen and I have gotten closer and were around each other more. Kriss had me help out with the wedding preparations and gave me hell the whole time. Maxon rarely talks to me anymore.

Princess Nicoletta contacted me that she'll be at the wedding with extra needed guards. Finally, August and Georgia still haven't found out who Kris' spy is. Their spies have done everything and still, nothing to be found, not even a sign about the attack that would take place at the wedding.

The wedding is tomorrow and Princess Nicoletta is arriving today with who knows how many guards.

Right now, it's mid morning time and the the whole palace staff is bustling around me as I stand in the middle of the Grate Room.The wedding is tomorrow and Princess Nicoletta is arriving this afternoon with who knows how many guards.

As the staff is bustling and dodging around me, I stay quiet and try and observe them. I know I don't have many skills in observing people, but I'm seeing if there's anyone who is suspicious, or has anything suspicious on them, like Kriss did that one day.

Soon, Celeste had come in and talked with me.

"So," Celeste started to stay while observing the staff, "What'cha doing redhead?"

I was slightly amused and replied, "Observing, Miss Sassy."

"I see." Celeste said. We both burst into laughter at our little controversy.

"So, what are you really doing?" she asked, turned towards me and me turned towards her.

"I'm just observing, trying to find anything suspicious." I sighed. "To be honest," I continued, "even though it's important to do so, it's kind of boring after awhile. It's hard to find anything when they are all running around in what seems like circles."

"Well, we might as well freshen up and then meet at the front of the palace outside because Princess Nicoletta arrives in about 30 minutes." Celeste pointed out.

"I guess you're right." I agreed. "Come on, let's go!"

❤️✨✨❤️✨✨❤️♔ 

"Princess Nicoletta!" Celeste and I screamed in excitement in unison. Princess Nicoletta just arrived with cameras flashing bright. We greeted each other with hugs and the Italian greeting.

"Let's go inside!" Princess Nicoletta said. We all walked inside with the few staff trying to close the doors to keep the press from swarming in. The press even gathered up front this morning because of her arrival and the wedding tomorrow. How could they stay there that long?

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, which was surprising, that rarely happened. Princess Nicoletta told us that 20 guards tagged along with her. That' no surprise since she's from another country comming into another one. Plus, there's always heavy security around weeding time.

Whenever we ran into Kriss and Maxon in the hallways, Celeste would threaten Maxon and then Nicoletta and I would have to pull her back from trying to knee him, again. As they would leave, Kriss would turn her head back and give me an evil and intense glare.

The day soon came to an end and misery started kicking in.

❤️✨✨❤️✨✨❤️ 

Ugh! I woke up to the bright sun comming through the windows. All three of my maids, Anne, Mar, and Lucy were there in my room, preparing my things for me to get ready. 

I walked out to the balcony to be greeted with the mid January cold. THe snow was angle white and glistened brightly in the sun. Everywhere I look, everything sparkled from the fresh snow.

I walked back into my room, slightly calmed and refreshed to get ready for the day I dreaded the most. I sighed and just stared at myself in the mirror as my maids got me ready in silence.

The maids were finished with my look about an hour and a half later and the wedding starts in about 30 minutes. I walked towards the Great Room along with Celeste and all of my other friends.

The wedding started and Kriss' Princess Coronation started right after vows were exchanged and Maxon and Kriss kissed to seal the deal. I won't lie, Kriss looked stunning in her dress, but under that thin weil and heavy dress, is her evil plan to take over the Monarchy. Maxon looked handsome too, in his uniform, blue sash with medals, and his crown.

The archbishop started his speech as Kriss' held the two important Coronation items in her hand, standing tall. Right then and there, everything seemed to fall apart, piece by piece.

Everything, is coming to an end.

❤️✨✨❤️✨✨❤️♔ 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The photo above is supposed to be the Bride' Maid's dress for the wedding. It's really gorgeous!