Chapter 10: A Little Mishap

💔America's POV💔  

This is my fifth day out of the month that I'll be staying in the palace. I had to wake up at six to plan the party for Nicoletta with Celeste at 7:00pm. I told the Royal Family and Kriss at dinner yesterday that I'm inviting Princess Nicoletta so Celeste, Kriss, Queen Amberly, and I can have some girl time together. 

It was surprise to the Royal Family and Kriss that she's coming over, but they accepted. I also told them that Celeste and I will be preparing a party for her arrival Tuesday. The part about spending some girl time together was a half lie and half truth, but I didn't tell anyone about that.

Right now, I'm in the Great Room with Celeste and palace staff running around getting things prepared. We are in the process of choosing the decorations and flowers that will be in here and in the Dining Hall. 

After that, we have to choose the best Italian dishes for the four course meal: an appetizer, an entree, the main dish, and then dessert. We also have to choose some sweets and two beverages for the Great Room while everyone is mingling and dancing.

 Celeste and I should have started planning after dinner yesterday, but we didn't. Now, we only have a day and a half to plan out everything to perfection. Planning a party as a lesson during the Selection was hard enough, but this adds a lot more pressure and stress.

"Celeste, have you chosen a dress yet for the party?" I asked, already feeling tired from only two hours of planning. Breakfast starts at 9:00 and I'm already starving.

"Nope. I'll probably wear something to top off the Princess' dress." she said in a playful tone then flipped her hair.

"I'm thinking maybe wear something that I already have. Knowing my maids, they may have started on something already." I explained.

"Well since the theme color is gold and white, why not where something that plays along with that theme?" Celeste suggested.

'That's a great idea! I have something to add to that!" I started to explain. "We can both wear something that plays along with the color theme."

"Do we have to wear matching dresses? If we do, I'll die!" she said dramatically while leaning her head back with the back of her left hand on her forehead. We both laughed and soon, Silvia, my Selection Tutor, told us it was time for breakfast.

*

*

*

Breakfast was over and Celeste and I walked back to the Great Room. As we were walking, we heard the laughter of two people.

"Is that Maxon?" Celeste whispered.

"Yes. Now hide!" I said quickly then pulled us behind a few large bushes.

"Why do we need to hide?" she asked confused.

"I'm trying to avoid Maxon right now! I'll explain more later! Now shhh!" I explained while crouching down. We heard the two voices coming closer and closer. They both sure sound happy.

I peaked through the plants to get a better view and so did Celeste.

"So, what do you want to do Maxon? We have time until lunch!" Kriss said in a bubbly tone of voice. I've never heard Kriss talk like this before. It's like she's a completely new person when she's around him. It's probably just acting. 

"Whatever you want my dear." Maxon replied while smiling back at her.

"Oooh! I'm gonna kick him in the butt! How could he choose her!?" Celeste hissed.

I slapped her in the face and she became quiet.

"Did you hear that noise Maxon?" Kriss asked while turning her head.

"Yes." he replied. "I guess the palace staff is doing something."

"Oh, but are you sure it's whatever I want to do?" Kriss asked changing the topic back to what they want to do.

"Whatever you want my dear." Maxon replied with the same line again. His smile looks a bit strained, like he's been doing that the whole day, which he probably has. The 'Whatever you want my dear.' line is getting old.

"Okay." Kriss said then kissed Maxon on the cheek. I thought she said she was going to kiss whenever Maxon would kiss her. Well played Kriss. I was too busy watching the couple that I didn't even notice Celeste get out of the bushes.

💙Celeste's Point of View💙

That's it! I growled in my mind angrily. I walked out of the bushes to see two surprised faces in front of me. America rushed out and Maxon and Kriss' face had an even more of a look of surprise on their faces.

"W-what are y-you doing h-here guys?" Maxon stuttered.

"TO DO THIS!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. In the blink of an eye, I  kicked Maxon in the shin. He's lucky that I didn't kick him in the groin because America pulled me back before I could. 

Now, the old Celeste would never do that for a friend. She would probably torment America that Maxon doesn't love her anymore and that he never did. The new Celeste Newsome would do this. Yeah, I still act like a diva sometimes, but it's amazing the kind of influence someone who's brave and kind like America can do to you.

"Celeste! Why did you do that!?" America yelled as Maxon holds his leg wincing in pain.

"He deserves it! Now, let's go to the Great Room to finish planning the party for Princess Nicoletta." I commanded while smoothing out my dress.. America just nodded her head then we walked off.

💚Maxon's POV💚

Kriss and I were just talking about a noise we heard until I saw Celeste and America walk out of the bushes. We were both surprised. I asked her what she was doing here and she kicked me in the shin in the blink of an eye. I winced in pain. This is going to leave a bruise for several days to come.

America pulled Celeste back in time. By the looks of it, Celeste was about to kick me where *it* never sees the light of day. I am very lucky for that. That already happened to me once and I didn't want it to happen to me twice.

"Celeste! Why did you do that!?" America yelled.

"He deserves it! Now, let's go to the Great Room to finish planning the party for Princess Nicoletta." Celeste commanded. America nodded her head and the them walked off.

"Do you know what that was for?" Kriss asked.

"Yes." I replied.

It was because I didn't choose America and broke her heart. It was for the best. She cheated on me. I was also tired of her breaking my heart so many times. I added in my head silently.

"Do you still want to spend time together?" Kriss asked.

"No. I just remembered I have many important documents to finish up before the day ends." I lied. I just made up an excuse. Now, I did have some important documents to finish, but they didn't have to be finished by the end of the day. I just need to bury myself into work so I can forget about what just happened.

I tried to forget that I guess you could call a little mishap with America and Celeste, but I couldn't concentrate on anything at all.