Day 11: In love

Song: Hurts Like Hell by Fleurie
Day 11:

Day 11 of Quarantine
Dear Hannah,

It's been a full day since we brought Thomas back. He is perfectly fine, no coughs, no sneezes, no anything.... just... fine. Katie and I wonder if he could actually be immune to the virus, but that's impossible... right? Today Katie and I are just going to help out in whatever way possible. Jake is visiting a friend by the name of Jana. He seems to think that she will help us figure out the truth behind this whole fiasco. Hannah, I know that I met him less than two weeks ago but I feel like we've learned so much about each other. To be honest, I think I'm in love with him. I know, crazy. But he's helped Katie and I so much and can't help but feel attracted to him. When I first met him he was really cocky and annoyed with everyone but he seems like a completely different person now. I'm scared though, terrified actually... We are in a life or death situation and here I am thinking about a guy I like. I'm thinking about this way to much. Anyway on the back of this page I drew a portrait of you. I hope you like it. I love you guys.

                       Forever and Always
                                      Iris

I turned the page and thought of which position I should draw my sister in. "Can I see a picture of her?" I heard Katie ask from her bed next to mine.
"Yeah, of course." I replied as I dug in my bag for my wallet. I carried a photo in my wallet of my family and I at one of Liam's baseball games. "Here" I said as I opened my wallet, pulled out a card sized Polaroid photo and handed it over to Katie.
"Wow, she's gorgeous. Your parents look like a beautiful couple. Is that Liam?" Katie asked as she was eyeing a tall dirty blond who was standing next to Hannah in his baseball uniform.
"Yeah, it is. He's the star player too." I said with a hint of a chuckle in my voice. "I still remember the day like it happened a few minutes ago."

Flashback

"Did you seriously have to bring your Polaroid Iris?" My mom asked as I raised my old fashioned camera to take a picture of Liam from where he was bating.
"Yes mom, it's for me to remember." I replied as I snapped the photo and grabbed the picture that it spit out. I set my camera on my lap and started shaking the picture gently.
"Memories fade, but pictures last forever." Luke chimed in as he passed the popcorn over to me.
"See, dad has the right idea!" Hannah said next to me as she grabbed a few pieces of popcorn from me and popped them into her mouth.
"Yes but you get distrac-" my mom started to say before I cut her off. "Look! The picture came out amazing! He's in mid swing!" I showed my family, making sure to point out where the ball was.
"With that, they win the game!" I heard the announcer say from where he was seated. Everybody in our stands were cheering as loud as they could. I looked up to see the rest of his team run out onto the field and surround him.
"This is what I'm talking about!" Mom said a little furious before going to congratulate Liam.
"C'mon Iris, let's go see if we can sneak him away from his team." Hannah said as she started dragging me off my seat and out onto the field.
"Dad come with us!" I shouted to Luke who was currently talking to one of his friends.
"LIAM!" Hannah screamed as we squeezed our way passed the team and the fans. Our dirty bond friend must've heard us because he immediately looked at us and started to excuse himself from people who were giving him pats on the back.
Once he was close enough Hannah and I practically tackled him into a hug. "Congratulations! You won the game!" I screamed as I pulled away and spotted my parents walking over to us.
"Thanks guys! But I couldn't have done it without you two, you know you're my good luck charms." He said adding a smirk while looking over at me.
"Not gonna happen Romeo." I said grabbing his cap and putting it on my own head.
"Hey, a guy can dream can't he?" Liam asked causing Hannah and I to burst into fits of laughter while shaking our heads.
"What's so funny?" My mom asked as her and Luke walked up to us.
"Liam being Liam." Hannah said as Luke gave a grin and hugged our parents.
"Hey I have an idea!" My dad said suddenly. We curiously looked over at him as he grabbed my camera from my hand.
"What are you doing?" I asked him only to get a small smile. Before anyone could ask him anything, he walked away from us and up to a young black woman.
"What is your father doing this time?" Mom asked curiously as we walked a few feet away from the huge crowd and into the grass. Hannah and I shrugged and we started throwing popcorn at Liam.
"Hey, that's perfectly good popcorn!" He said as he tried to grab the popcorn before it fell on the ground.
I was about to give a witty reply when dad and the woman walked up to us. "We are taking a family photo!" He shouted causing Hannah and I to squeal like fifteen year olds. (We love photos... A lot)
I noticed the woman was holding my Polaroid which made me a little nervous. "It's fine, how can you break that dinosaur? It's survived you dropping it like twenty times." Hannah said to me before slinging an arm around my shoulder.
"You got that right." Liam said snorting a little. I rolled my eyes as mom went and stood next to me. Luke stood next to Hannah and Liam stood next to Luke.
"We are so drowning him in his pool tonight." I murmured back as I slung an arm around her and my mom.
"Iris no drowning Liam." Mom said loudly causing me to groan.
"Okay everyone in position?" Said the woman as she raised my camera to her face.
We all nodded and I quickly whispered to my sister, "We still are going to prank him at least."
"I hid spray paint in my room." Hannah whispered with a grin.
"Everyone say 'We Won!'" The woman said as she put her hand on the button.
"WE WON!" We all shouted loudly and the flash went off.

End flashback

"That must've been an amazingly fun day." Katie said as she handed back the photo to me. I nodded and put the photo on the next page as a reference to my drawing. "Well I'll leave you to it." Katie said before standing up and going to talk to her son.

Jake's POV

"Do you really think there's a conspiracy theory going on here?" Jana asked as she was working on her computer. Today I went to see Jana at where she worked and where I knew she was staying at.
"Something doesn't pass the test, the girls are right about that." I said tiredly watching Jana work her magic.
"Katie and Iris... You gonna finally tell me about them? Mainly Iris." Jana said as she looked from her computer to me.
"I did!" I protested as Jana shook her head.
"Tell me more!" She whined a little playfully.
"Katie, she's great, she has a son named Quentin. Iris, she's smart and beautiful." I said hoping that Jana would let this go.
"You already told me that, that and I assumed the last part. C'mon, go deeper into Iris, I wanna know more!"
"I cannot believe that you of all people are saying this." I said with a chuckle trying to avoid the subject.
"Hey! Quite stalling." She said sternly making me sigh in protest.
"Fine." I said finally giving into her demands. "She's strong, but vulnerable when it comes to family. She takes care of me, but needs taking care of since she has no one in here. It's crazy, we're in the middle of an outbreak... And she's all I can think about. I could've been killed in the stairwell, I wasn't afraid of death... It was that I wasn't gonna see her again and she wouldn't know what happened to me."
The whole time I was talking Jana stayed quiet and listened closely. "Tell her that okay?" She said after a moment of thought. "Don't hold back. I missed my shot with Lex, don't miss yours."