Day 12/13: Plans

Song: The Words by Christina Perri
Day 12:

For about ten minutes Katie and I have been looking at the surveillance footage from when the virus first broke out. I was sitting in the chair with Katie looking over my right shoulder when the door opened. "Hey" Jake said as he closed the door and walked up to us.
"Hey" Katie and I said tiredly in unison.
"I see you got it." I felt Jake peer over my left shoulder at the tape.
"Yup." Katie said running a hand through her brown hair.
"The password was Password." I said chuckling a little.
"Wow, I gotta hustle if I wanna make detective before you." Jake said causing Katie and I to laugh.
"Better keep hustling then." I turned my head and looked at Jake .
"We think we found the right footage." Katie said making Jake nod in approval.
"Tuesday, Eight am." Katie read off the top of the tape. She looked at the screen and pointed out Sanders and Patient Zero. "Here's Dr. Sanders and that's Siede. Okay so Cannerts says that Siede is 'Patient Zero' but we all know that he died after Sanders. That means she must have infected him."
"We just need to prove it." I looked at Katie who sighed tiredly and gave a half smile.
"What about the boyfriend? They died around the same time." Jake said as I turned my gaze back onto the footage. "I went back through the old sign in ledgers. Henry Berns, signed in at five am." I nodded and switched to the camera facing the reception desk, I rewound the tape to five am and saw who I assumed to be Henry signing in. "That's our guy." Right then Dr. Sanders came into view and put her hand on his back. They both then walked out of view.
I switched to another camera that was facing a hallway door. The two went in front of the door and started kissing, they then went into the room. "There's the quickie." Katie said as I fast forward until Sanders opened the door and walked away.
"5:15, that was a quickie." Jake said, I was the tiniest bit tempted to elbow him in the gut but I restrained. I fast forward until Henry came out which was eight am. "Where is he going?" Jake asked as Henry disappeared.
I switched around a few times until I saw him go up to the sink in the washroom. I peered in closely and saw him sneeze. He looked at his hands and then examined his face. "Oh my god, he knows." I stated as my eyes widened.
Henry ran out of the bathroom causing me to loose him for a second. Quickly, I found  him turn a corner with his hand to his ear. "Is that Sanders?" Katie asks before he hang up and grabbed his wallet. He then stuffed it in a small trash box on the wall.
"That explains why he didn't want anyone to know about him." I said before following him back to the room where he had a quickie. He then bent over something that was next to the room. "What's he doing now?" I asked as he got up and stuck something on the door before going inside.
"He's quarantining himself." Jake said a little shocked.
"We were right, he's the real Patient Zero."

Jake, Katie, and I decided to go back to our room. We were walking down one of the main hallways when Dr. Cannerts walked out of a lab room and quickly walked out of sight. "Do you think we would get out?" I asked curiously to both of them.
"I'm nervous...afraid to get my hopes up." Katie said as we all walked up to the window and looked at the lab rats. "What about you two?"
"No I'm not afraid to get my hopes up. I'd probably take a sick day, or five. Go to a baseball game, have beers, not deal with responsibilities." Jake said as he looked down at his feet.
"I would be with my family, have a barbecue, go see new movies, and also go to baseball games." I said sighing and watching the white lab mice run around.
"That sounds nice." Was all Katie said.

A while later Jake left to go talk to Lex, leaving Katie and I to ourselves.

Day 12 of Quarantine
Dear Hannah,
You will never guess what happened this morning! We found out who the real p
Patient Zero is! The first day of the quarantine Katie and I lost Quentin and Thomas (for a short time) while we were looking we saw two dead bodies. They had died before Siede! Apparently the man (Henry) infected his girlfriend (Dr. Sanders) who then infected Siede. This whole time we have been lied to, this is why I don't trust the government. Jake, Katie, and I still don't know how he got infected but we will find out. On the back I drew mom and dad, I really hope they like it. Well I'm gonna go so I love you and miss you!