It Can Ask

Upon hearing his brother shout his name, Ed's  golden eyes stared at his younger brother. 'Oh shit....' He thought. He watched as his brother run towards himself. "Edward! Where have you been these past six years?!" Alphonse asked, the blonde his voice sounding frantic. Ed looked at his brother. "Listen Al, I have a lot to explain..." He replied. The slightly shorter blonde Elric brother nodded and followed his Superior as he brought Ed to the room where they questioned suspects. "Captain... don't tell me you think my Brother is..." He couldn't finish his sentence, as he stared at Roy in disbelief. "No, I don't but I have to ask him some things about what happened today." The Captain explained. Al hesitantly nodded. "Alright, Ed. Why were you at the bar?" Roy questioned. "I was doing work for a client. She asked to make sure those punks didn't pull anything bad in her dead husband's bar." Ed explained. Roy nodded slowly. "How did you know about my alchemy?" He inquired. The blonde chuckled slightly. How the hell was this man so clueless? Not only that but how in the world did this man make the rank of Captain?! "That's simple Mustang. I saw the transmutation circle on your gloves. That, and you are a famous alchemist..." Ed replied, matter of factly. Roy rolled his eyes slightly. Al sighed a little. Yup, his brother was still as sarcastic as ever. "Anything else Mr. Officer?" Ed asked. "Watch it brat." Roy growled slightly. Ed just smirked triumphantly at the sound of the man's growl. "And one more thing Ed. Show me your arm for a minute.." He demanded. Ed looked at him. "Eh? Why?" He replied. "Just show me." Roy replied. Ed slowly nodded and showed his arms. His black sleeves covering his arms. Roy face palmed slightly. "I meant roll up your sleeves..." He mumbled. Ed faked a small gasp, before replying with, "Be specific next time." He replied. Alphonse apologetically looked at his Superior. Roy sighed. "Okay, then roll up your sleeves." He demanded. Ed eventually gave in and rolled up his sleeves, exposing his metal arm and his flesh arm. Roy stared at Ed in shock. "Who the hell are you?" The Captain asked breathlessly. Ed grinned proudly. "I'm glad you asked Mustang. I'm the Fullmetal Alchemist." The room was enveloped in a deathly silence. Roy and Al sat, looking at the blonde before them, in shock. "What...?" Al breathed. Ed just chuckled. "I told you I had to explain a lot." He replied. "Well, we have a night. So start explaining." Roy replied. The blonde shot a glare at the Superior officer. "Fine..." The blonde mumbled. "I've been doing jobs for people since I was thirteen. It was my only way to make a living. I never killed anyone, though. You can believe me on that one." The blonde explained. Al looked at his brother. "But why...? Why brother? Why did you leave without telling me, or better yet, why didn't you take me with you?!" The younger Elric brother exclaimed. Ed frowned a bit. "I had to protect you Al. It wasn't your fault I did what I did. So you didn't have to be involved in such a dangerous resolve." Ed explained. The blonde knew his words were slightly harsh, but it was the truth. Alphonse didn't deserve to live a life full of hardships, no. He deserved to lead a happy life, full of discoveries, and new friends. Al frowned a bit. "But you could've sent some form of communication letting us know you were still alive." He replied gently. Ed frowned a bit. "I'm sorry."