It Can Support

"So, what do you have?" Roy questioned, staring at the  blonde forensic doctor. Once Russell had entered the room, Roy had grabbed Alphonse and Hawkeye. So now they stood, in the room turned lab, investigating what Russell and his brother, Fletcher had found. There were a few silver tables in the room, the most being four. There were smaller, silver trays placed near each table, and on them, were different tools, used for surgeries. Lights were scattered everywhere on the ceiling, and cabinets had been placed in the corners of the room.  "We were able to find out they're names." The younger of the two, Fletcher had explained. "After that, we looked into their information and such. We actually found out some interesting things, to say the least." Russell explained, catching Ed's attention. "Mind sharing?" He asked. Al sweat dropped a bit and sighed. 'Brother never changes...' Russell looked at the golden-haired alchemist. "Sorry kid, but we don't let kids in here. You should've said something earlier. I would've had Fletcher bring you to the kids room." He replied, making Ed glare, and Al could already tell that his brother was going to blow. Roy snickered a bit at the response, and Riza sent him a glare that quickly shut him up. Al and Fletcher looked to one another before sighing. Alphonse would never speak it, but he was jealous of Fletcher. He had his older brother around. There was always a second pair out eyes to look out for him, and vice versa.  But no, Al never had that after Edward went missing. He didn't have the comfort of family, (besides Winry and Granny, and he loved them very much) and most of all, Al missed his brother, and would often lay awake at night wondering if his brother was still alive. "Why, you-! I'm not a kid dammit!" Ed finally exclaimed. "Brother....don't start a fight here," Al said, sighing. This caught Russell's attention. See, the older Tringham had known about what happened to Alphonse. He knew the emotions the younger Elric had been feeling because he asked. And Al had told him everything. A serious glint caught Al's eyes, and he looked to Russell, having a feeling he should get everyone out of the room before stuff went down. However, Russell beat him to it. "Fletcher, why don't you take Mustang, Hawkeye, and Al to go look at the information?" He suggested, turning towards his younger sibling. "Okay." Fletcher agreed, leading everyone out the room. Ed went to follow, but Russell stopped him. "Not you pipsqueak. I need a word with you." Ed gritted his teeth and glared at the other man in the room. Suddenly, the alchemist found himself against the wall, the other blonde tightly gripping Ed's collar. "What the hell is wrong with you..?" Russell asked, lowly. Confusion spread on Edward's face. "Who leaves their family behind, just to disappear for years, and return as if everything's okay?!" Ed suddenly knew what this conversation was about. He didn't know how to reply. It's not like it was such an easy choice for Edward to make. "It was the only way..." The gold-headed alchemist decided. "The only way to protect him...if I brought him with me, he would've gotten hurt." It was true. Ed made the choice for his brother. For his family. He didn't want to leave them all behind. Russell let go of Ed's collar. "I don't see why Alphonse thinks so highly of you." He murmured. "You think I don't know?" Ed began, making blue eyes look at him. "You think I don't know what Al's feeling, or how my stupid choice is affecting him? Well let me tell you something, I know damn well what he's feeling, and I'm trying my damn hardest to fix it." The  blonde concluded, determination shining in his eyes. The door to the miniature lab door opened, and Al stepped in. "Brother, I think we found something!" He exclaimed. Ed's face suddenly wore a bright smile, and he ran towards Al. "Alright, let's go check it out!" And suddenly, everything clicked for the elder Tringham. He saw why Edward was so important to the younger Elric. And the reason was simple. Edward Elric was not one to give up, or run away. He would always be the first one to run into danger, and save someone's life. And for that, Russell had found himself respecting the blonde. "Hey, Elric's wait up!"