It Can Demand

"Let's go Fullmetal, everyone else is ready." Roy explained. The small alchemist nodded, and stood from his seat. He walked next to his Captain, and together, they walked towards the rest of the group. A few times as they walked, their hands brushed against one another, and their faces heated up slightly. "There they are!" Breda exclaimed. For some reason, Alphonse wasn't with them. "Hey, Mustang, where's Al?" Edward questioned. The older man shrugged. "He didn't come into work today..." He replied. "He's probably with Winry." Ed chuckled, as they made it to the rest of the group. "Alright, let's get this show on the road." Roy demanded, and everyone got into their cars. Riza drove one car, while Falman drove the other. As they drove, they came across a section of the road that was crossed off by yellow tape. The team got out, and an officer let them through. "Another victim I suppose?" Edward questioned. The Captain nodded in response. "Yeah. They just found her body." He responded. Ed felt his heart rate speed up. 'Is it who I think it is...? No....no please don't let it be....' He thought. As they inched closer, Ed's breathe got caught in his throat, as he caught a glimpse of blonde hair. 'No....' Roy noticed Edward's sudden fear, and gently gripped his hand. Ed's face turned red slightly, but he relaxed a little. Turns out the girl wasn't Winry. Which was a relief for Ed. He couldn't handle it if it was. Alphonse would be heart broken. The body was in horrible condition. The girl's head looked like it had been smashed harshly. A silver glint caught Ed's attention. "Hey guys, I think I found something...." He trailed off, walking towards it. When he was close enough, he saw it was a bolt. The small alchemist gently picked it up, and looked at it. "What'd you find?" Hawkeye asked. "It's a...bolt..." Edward trailed off, his voice lacing with confusion. "Huh, that's weird..." Roy responded, walking towards the blonde. Havoc looked at them. "How about you and the Chief go look into what type of bolt it is, and see what store sells bolts like that?" He suggested. "And do all the work myself? I'm good." Ed huffed, sideways glancing at Roy. "I guess we finally found something bigger than your height. Your ego." Roy replied, smirking at the boy's pissed off face. Riza flashed her gun. "I suggest you rethink your answers boy's." She explained. "Alright! Alright! We'll work together!" The two exclaimed at once. Riza smiled a little. "Get going then."
The two males quickly arrived back at the office. The two sat down next to one another, and hurriedly began researching. Unfortunately, Edward's phone began ringing. The blonde groaned and stood from his seat. "Hold on a sec Mustang." He grumbled. Roy nodded, and watched as the blonde stepped out of the room. "Elric." Ed greeted. He had grown accustomed to saying that over the years. "Am I speaking to Edward Elric?" The voice asked. "Yeah, who's asking?" The blonde replied. "I have a job request for you." The person on the phone replied. Ed raised an eyebrow. "Alright, what's this job?" He questioned. "I need a certain person dead." Ed's breathe caught in his throat. "Sorry, but I don't do those type of jobs." The blonde replied. A chuckle sounded on the phone. "Oh, I think you'll want to complete this job. Unless you don't want to ever see your brother again." The small blonde froze. "I-I don't believe you..." He mumbled. "Ohoho, so you want proof then? I can give you proof." They responded. Ed waited, and slowly he felt himself beginning to shake. "Brother? Brother are you there?!" Al's frantic voice asked. "I'm here Al..." Ed replied. "Don't worry about me Brother alright? I-I'm okay." He explained. Ed gulped slightly. "So, will you take my job now?" They asked. Edward shut his eyes tightly, and slowly, he nodded. "Anything to keep Alphonse safe...."