It Can Crack

A few days later, Ed never showed up to work. The guilt the blonde felt was to much. And he was sure it anyone ever found out what happened, they'd hate him. The person he was afraid to see was Roy. He didn't the man to hate him. Not after the feelings he's come to realize he had. He didn't the man to hate him, and then he'd probably push Ed out of his life. And for that, Edward couldn't bring himself to face the raven haired Captain. Of course, his younger brother knew what had happened. Alphonse would frown every time he saw his older brother curled up on his bed. And every time Roy would ask the younger Elric where his elder brother was, he couldn't bring himself to answer the question. The Captain never realized how attached he was to the blonde alchemist. He missed teasing him, and he missed the blonde haired male. Roy groaned as he let his head drop on to his oak colored desk. "It's so boring...." He groaned. Riza stepped into his office, and placed a small pile of paperwork on his desk. "Sir, permission to speak freely?" She asked. Roy raised an eyebrow of confusion, and nodded. "Permission granted." He mumbled, his face squished on his desk. "You're worried about Edward, aren't you?" She asked. Roy winced. 'Hit the nail right on the head....' "Honestly Roy....go to him." Riza sighed, staring at him softly. "Eh...? What are you talking about?" He asked, playing stupid. The Captain had thought he kept his feelings for the little alchemist a secret. Riza let out a quiet laugh. "I saw the signs Sir. I saw it from both of you." She explained. "Oh...." He mumbled in response. A small smile appeared on Riza's face. "Now, go to him before I change my mind Roy." She stated again. "But...what about you?" Roy asked, not wanting to hurt her. "I think I found someone else too. Besides, we're still co-workers, and we're still friends." She replied. Roy smiled a little, and nodded. "Alright. While I'm gone, take charge Lieutenant." He agreed, standing up from his seat. Roy had found Alphonse reading in the break room. "Alphonse, I need to ask you for a favor." Roy explained. Al raised an eyebrow. "If it's about why Brother hasn't shown up I-" "I need to know where he is right now Alphonse. Please." The Captain pleaded. Al slowly nodded. "Alright...."