It Can Accuse

The raven haired Captain ran his hand through dark colored hair. His onyx eyes scanned piles of words staring back at him on a computer screen. In one hand, he held a file, and the other hand typed up words on the computer, and occasionally moving the mouse. The door to his office opened and a certain short-tempered blonde stepped through the now open door and closed it behind him. "Morning Fullmetal." He greeted, and looked up at Ed. "Morning." The blonde replied. "Ed, are you entirely sure that Kimblee is a possible suspect?" Roy inquired, raising an eyebrow towards the younger man. Ed nodded quickly. "Of course, I am Mustang! I saw the same transmutation circle that was on the wall in that apartment on Kimblee's hand!" The blonde shot back. Roy sighed a bit and nodded. "And plus, it's not like you're arresting him yet. We just need to find out if Kimblee has an alibi for one of the recent murders right?" Ed questioned, making Roy nod in response. "Someone's been studying." He lightly teased. "Yeah well, it helps when you're dad was an ex-cop...." Edward replied, a flash of grief flashing on the blonde's face. Roy nodded. "I see..." He trailed off. "Now-" Ed stopped to flash Roy a smile. "How about we go bring Kimblee in for questioning?" The blonde suggested lightly. Roy nodded. "Alright, let's get going then." He agreed, standing from his chair and grabbing his coat. Ed followed after Roy as the Captain walked out of the office. As the two left the passed the secretary's desk, he turned to her. "Sheska, let Hughes know that I'll be busy when he comes to your desk please," Roy explained, as her head snapped up from a book. "Ye-Yes Sir!" She replied. Ed followed Roy to his car, and they both got in. "Uh, Fullmetal," Roy stated. "What?" Edward replied, looking at him. "Children aren't supposed to be sitting in the front seat." He explained. Ed growled in anger. "Shut up stupid Mustang!" He shouted, making Roy smirk. Once the two were buckled in, Roy began driving. As they drove, Edward had asked Roy about various locations. "Hey, Captain?" The blonde questioned. "Hm?" Said Captain replied, his eyes not leaving the road. Ed pointed a metal finger at an interesting gym. In giant red letters, the sign read, "ARMSTRONG GYM" In smaller letters, under it read, "Acquire Muscles That's Been Passed Down The Armstrong Family For Generations!" Next to the building, was a giant statue of a shirtless man flexing with very bulky muscles. "What the hell is that place?" Ed finally asked, making Roy glance over at it. "Oh, that gym? It's run by the Armstrong family." He explained. "If you want my advice, don't go in there when Alex Armstrong is working there." He explained, making Edward sweat drop a bit. "Okay, onto the next location." He mumbled, making Roy chuckle. A few moments later, Roy had pulled into the hideout of Kimblee. Roy lead Ed to the front entrance, and the blonde followed close behind. Roy knocked on the door and got no response. "Kimblee? We know you're in there!" Edward exclaimed. A few minutes passed by, and Kimblee opened the door. "Why hello officers, what can I do for you?" He questioned. "We need to ask you a few questions down at the station." Roy replied, and then added, "involving a few recent murders." Edward has guessed Roy had said this for some type of reaction from the other man but got none. "Alright." 

The three men arrived back at the police station, and they stepped inside. "Roy! You're back!" A certain man exclaimed, making Roy sigh. 'And here I thought I escaped the wrath of Hughes..' The family loving man, rushed towards the Captain, holding a huge photo album. "Look at these new pictures of my darling little Elicia!" He exclaimed. "Not now Hughes...I'm doing a very important case." He responded, making Hughes frown a little. He then turned to Ed. "Whoa, Alphonse, you really let your hair grow out!" The man exclaimed. "And it's only been what, two weeks since I last saw you?!" He added. Ed sweat dropped again. "Uh, actually, I'm Al's older brother, Edward." He explained. "What?! I had no idea!" Hughes exclaimed. "The names Maes Hughes!" He explained, holding out his hand to shake. Ed accepted it and sheepishly grinned. "Edward Elric." He replied. After introductions, Roy lead Ed and Kimblee to the questioning room, and Kimblee sat down in a seat. "Alright Kimblee, where were you three nights ago, around one am?" Roy questioned, looking at him. "Let's see...oh yes, I was home, with some of my friends. You can check in with them if you really want proof." He explained. Roy nodded. "Alright. Just give me their numbers, and I'll prove if you're lying." He decided. Kimblee gave the needed information, and Roy went to make sure his alibi was true. A few minutes later, Roy returned. Golden eyes shot up towards the man. "Looks like you're free from questions Kimblee. You've been proven innocent." The Captain sighed. Kimblee nodded and stood up. "It was nice speaking to you officers. I'll show myself the way out." He explained, leaving the room. Edward sighed. "Damn, a dead end.." He murmured. Roy nodded in agreement. Suddenly, the door opened, and a forensic doctor, by the name of Russell was by the door. "Hey, Mustang, I've got your results back from the lab." Roy grinned as he looked to Ed. "Not a dead end yet Edward."