It Can Lead

A few days later, Edward was back to accepting jobs from other people. He had spent a few days with Alphonse and those couple days were spent at the office, which meant he was around Roy, Riza and the team. Ed didn't mind it really. It had been a while since he was last around nice people. Now, he currently lay in his mattress, looking at the ceiling in a rundown house. The walls were painted a creamy yellow, and the floor was a brown and tannish colored carpet. It was night, and there were a few clouds covering the dark, night sky. Small, yet bright stars were dotted in the night. The moon only added to the bright sky. Ed thought the sight was beautiful. Everything was aligned perfectly, and almost made the darkness pop! He smiled a bit at the thought, and he slowly shut his eyes, falling victim to sleep. The moment he went to fall asleep, he heard a voice. "Ed-San? Pssst, Ed-San!" The minute they spoke, Ed recognized that voice immediately. That voice belonged to a young woman named Rose. She really knew how to catch him at the wrong times. Sighing, Ed sat up to look at the girl. "What is it, Rose?" He grumbled in annoyance. "Ah, good morning Ed-San." She greeted. Edward sighed. "It's not even morning yet Rose." He grumbled, surprising the young girl. "Ed-San? Are you alright?" She inquired. Ed sighed again. "Tired, but the faster you tell me what you need, the quicker I can get some well-deserved sleep!" He snapped, telling the girl that she shouldn't test him any more than she has. Rose nodded quickly. "I need you to deliver something for me." She explained, making Ed nod. Guess he wasn't getting sleep tonight. "I just need whatever you're delivering, and an address." He explained. Rose nodded, handing him a decorated envelope from her pocket. The envelope was decorated with different colored lines, a golden rose on the front. Its lines were curved, as they wrapped together and made the golden petals. Ed looked at it in awe. "Wow Rose, your artistic skills never cease to amaze me," Ed commented. Rose's cheeks tinted a bit at the comment. "Ah, thank you Ed-San." She replied. The blonde haired male nodded in reply. Rose then pulled out a scrap of paper from her pocket. "Here's the address." She added. "Alright. I guess I'll get dressed and head out." He explained, making Rose nod. Ed stood from his spot on the old mattress and went to his bathroom after grabbing some clothes. When he came out of the smaller room, he was dressed in leather pants and a black tank top. He had put his hair up in a pony-tail keeping it away from his eyes. Before exiting the rundown home, Ed turned to Rose. "I'll be back in a few hours or so." 

Meanwhile, Roy had been readying his team for an investigation. He had received yet another bit of information from Madame Christmas. It was a possible lead, and Roy wanted to look into it. He walked into the younger Elric's room and stood by the door. "Almost ready?" He questioned. The shorter blonde nodded in reply. "Almost Sir." He replied. Roy nodded, a slight smile on his face. A few moments later, Alphonse was done, and they walked back to the rest of the team. Once everyone was ready, they walked towards two separate cars. Since it was only Roy's team, they didn't need a lot of cars. Roy, Riza, Alphonse and Havoc were seated in one car, meanwhile, Sergeant Breda, Sergeant Falman, and Detective Fuery sat in the second car. The ride to the address was silent, with occasional conversation between Hawkeye and Alphonse. Once they arrived, everyone stepped out from the two cars, Roy taking the lead. Hawkeye stood behind Roy, with Alphonse following close behind. Havoc, Fuery, Breda, and Falman stayed behind, as look out. They had separated themselves depending on the area. Breda and Falman were seated in a car, meanwhile, Havoc kept watch near the door of the apartment. Fuery took watch near the opening to the complex. He had hooked up everyone to a walkie-talkie system so that it'd make conversation easier. Roy, Riza, and Al stood against a wall. As they were sneaking around, they heard a voice. "What the hell? Why is there a bunch of cops here?" The voice belonged to none other than Edward Elric. "Brother?" Al muttered in confusion. Ed walked around the room for a few more minutes, before getting an uneasy feeling. "I know you're there! Come out!" Ed exclaimed. Alphonse was the first one to come out of hiding. "Alphonse wait!" Roy exclaimed to the blonde. Ed turned to his brother. and stood, shocked. "Al?! What the?" He asked. Roy and Riza sighed, and came out of hiding as well. Ed just looked at them in question. "We really need to stop meeting like this Fullmetal." Roy joked, making the blonde growl in annoyance. "Shut it Mustang." Edward replied. Riza sent a mere glare towards her superior. "What are you doing here Brother?" Al asked Ed. Golden orbs met gold, as the two looked at one another. "I'm doing a job."