#HouseCalls

I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I'd tried to not stress him out by making him worry over details the past few weeks but I now needed his help. Time was running out and I'd taken as much off his mind as I could. We needed to move and he had to be involved. "Pet, I'm going to be living in Santee for the foreseeable future. I would like you to move down there as well." There, that was polite. Kevin had told me not to order him to come and I hadn't; I had asked nicely.

He didn't look quite as happy as I'd expected, he looked more alarmed. "Um, Sir? I don't understand."

What was there to understand? He didn't want to be apart from me nor I from him. He'd confirmed earlier this evening that he didn't wish to be separated for weeks at a time again. This was the only way to make that happen. Perhaps he needed an explanation? I told him of my mother's accident and that I would need to help manage their care. If he needed a reason I would give him one; my smart boy often liked to see the working gears.

I had planned it out well and all he needed to do was comply. I knew it would be a bother to move his things but he was more than used to travelling and packing; it shouldn't be a problem for him. "I've already packed most of my belongings so I can help you with yours tomorrow."

"I don't remember agreeing to move" he said, his tone pushing the boundaries of politeness.

Well no, I guess he hadn't properly answered but it was a given. "Of course you are. It's ridiculous to commute." We both had demanding jobs and spending 5 or 6 hours on the road each weekend would be a hardship. "You've been unable to make most of our appointments this summer as is." I wouldn't accept seeing him less.

Why was he practically fuming? He'd been more than willing to move up to a tiny village in Napa that didn't even have an airport. He'd been willing to move AWAY from me but not with me? I couldn't quite make sense of that, I only knew that it was wrong. Very, very wrong.