Seventeen

With Christopher's help I got everything to the table. Dinner was delicious, the flowers looked very nice in the middle of the table and mom had been thrilled to get them and was even happier to have Chris here.

Dad was quiet. He'd never been a big talker but he could no longer keep track of the conversations and didn't even try. Christopher and mom talked about all sorts of things and after the first ten minutes or so I realized they were fine and I stopped trying to moderate it.  Not that I was very good at that sort of thing.

Christopher asked for the butter and I passed it to him. "Thank you Sir" he answered a split second before his eyes flashed wide. Oh, that was possibly bad. My mother looked at Christopher who was blushing, then she looked at me. I didn't know what to say but all conversation had ceased and someone had to say something.

Luckily it wasn't me. Mom did. "There's no such thing as too much respect in a relationship. You can't love something you don't respect; that's what keeps you from taking it for granted."

"I couldn't agree more ma'am." Christopher was buttering his biscuit as if the world hadn't tilted on it's axis. "What can I say? I'm an old-fashioned boy."

"There's nothing wrong with that. I hope he takes good care of you. His father took very good care of me."  This was possibly the most awkward conversation ever, or at least a close second to her trying to explain to me what women liked.

"He does ma'am. He's wonderful."

"Well I'm glad my munchkin has found someone who respects him. He always struggled with that I think, feeling that people looked down on him because of his autism. I think that's why he went to med school, just to prove to people that he could."

"I'm in the room." They could stop talking about me now or even better, two minutes ago. They just looked at each other and smiled. Dad stood and wandered towards the kitchen. "What can I get you dad?"

"I was gonna use the latrine."

"Take him Greg?" mom asked.

"Yes, of course." I took him upstairs in case mom needed to use the smaller one downstairs and waited in the hallway for him to finish. He was surprised to see me when he came out. "Let's finish dinner."

"Dinner sounds good, what are we having?" I didn't answer and he didn't say anything else until we rounded the corner. "We have company?"

Mom smiled at him. "We do sweetheart, Chris is here. Greg cooked." I don't know how she did it, I would have lost my temper sixteen times a day trying to deal with him. It wasn't his fault but that didn't cancel out the frustration.

Christopher helped me clear the table and then went to sit with mom while I cleaned the kitchen. She had a home health aide who came twice a week to help her bathe and things, as well as a housekeeper once a week and several friends from church who checked in on her but I knew that she was getting lonely now that she couldn't really talk with Dad.

It was also stressful for her, having to take care of everything when he'd always been in charge. That was why I was here though and she didn't need to worry so much anymore. It was nice to hear her laugh. "Time to go Chris. Mom, do you need help getting him ready for bed?"

"No dear, I've got it. Leah will be here tomorrow morning so don't worry about us. Have a good night boys."

As soon as I closed the car door Christopher blurted "At least it wasn't Daddy! I'm so sorry!" and covered his face.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "I think it was okay." I wasn't sure how, but it had been. "However I have explained before that you may use my name."

"Yes Sir."

"Occasionally. You may use my name occasionally."

He chuckled. "I don't like to though. I never understood why Ollie didn't use Kevin's name when he wasn't around but I'm starting to get it." He was staring out the window but turned back. "Sir? I'm not sure if this is okay but wanted to tell you and let you decide? Your mom gave me the glaze recipe."

"The bourbon ham glaze?" He just nodded. "You asked?"

"No, no, she offered, actually insisted. When you were cleaning up. She wanted to make sure... I don't know, it was a little sad, like she was worried about, you know..." No, I didn't know and he seemed to realize I was lost. "Oh, you won't care. Not that you won't care but you won't be offended... shit I should be blunt, right?"

"Yes." Please.

"I think she was worried she'll die and it'll be lost Sir."

"Oh. Well you should keep it if she wanted you to have it." It was the biggest sign of approval mom could have given me. She knew I valued actions over words.

"And Chris, if one of us ever needs a kidney we can ask Kevin for it in exchange for the recipe." I don't think he was sure if he could laugh or not. "You can laugh but I was serious. Never understood how that works, really. Jokes are complicated. Angel?"

He settled for smiling. "Yes Daddy?"

"Mmm, nice." I was really getting used to the sound of that and I liked it. "Start getting into headspace now. As soon as we're back I want you naked in front of the window. I'm going to really work you over. Do you need to earn it?" I didn't want to wait but I would if I had to.

"No Sir, I want to do it for you. I'm actually looking forward to it."

"Good. Me too angel." It was my turn to fly.

*** *** ***

Staring at his back with only a bit of light from the bathroom door and the reflection from the streetlamp outside to illuminate him was magical. His skin danced. My muscles thrummed. His arms were hoisted high above him, his legs were spread, his head sagged down. His breathing was ragged and deep and he hadn't uttered a single word in twenty eight minutes.  It was bliss.

I ran my palm down his warm back and he hardly reacted. I cupped his ass, then ran my hand down his chest and stroked him lazily. Only his breathing changed, becoming more shallow. "Such a good boy." There was no response. He could take more, he would take more.

By the time I got on my knees and made him come I hardly knew where I was or why. All that was real was the sound of his skin under the leather reverberating through my head and his weak moan as he emptied.

I tucked him into bed and held him until my heartrate slowed and his breathing let me know he was asleep.