Twenty Nine

We got through unpacking a good portion of the rest of the apartment that evening, even with Christopher on his phone seemingly constantly. It wasn't our normal weekend time and I knew he had work things to do and was likely talking to his friends or Ollie given how much he was enjoying some of the conversations. I did my best to ignore it.

I woke up early Thursday slightly sad that I would be taking him back to Los Angeles. It was time though, we both had lots of work to accomplish before he flew off to Dallas and I dealt with the Department of Veterans Affairs on Friday.

I made pancake batter and went into the Den to wake him up while it rose. "Morning Pet. Rise and shine."

"Lay and sleep sounds better" he mumbled. "Morning Sir."

"If we are to leave at our prearranged time, you need to get up. I'm going to make pancakes."

"Pancakes?" He sat up, blinking slowly. "Throw in coffee and I'll be a happy boy."

"Throw in awake and I'll be a happy man."

He laughed and tossed off the blankets. "I like Daddy happy. I'm up."

He was covered in bruises and hickeys and love bites. Most all would be hidden soon by clothing but right now they were on full display. There is nothing hotter than your boy, cuffed and marked sitting on a rumpled bed with blankets puddled around him. Okay there were but still, it was a very nice image. "If I didn't have batter waiting..."

"You know I am always ready but pancakes do sound absolutely amazing Sir. I'll just brush my teeth and be right there?"

"Very well." He managed to not crawl back into bed and was sitting at the counter by the time the pancakes were ready. He was a bit bleary eyed but smiling and gratefully sipped at the cup of coffee I'd left for him.

"I think I'll live."

"I would hope so." For quite awhile anyway.

My phone went off twice while we were eating and I expected to see my mother's number flashing but instead it was Kevin's. I called him back while Christopher took a shower and had just hung up when he reappeared, hair still damp but looking much more awake. "I assume Ollie told you the news?"

"No, I haven't spoken to him lately. What happened?"

He hadn't? I had assumed that half the messages he'd been sending all week had been to him. "They've arrested a suspect in Phil's death."

"Oh god that's great! Yay!" He clapped his hands together and then closed his eyes and smiled. "Thank God."

He certainly had quite a sense of justice. It took me a second to realize that the other option was that his level of relief was partly due to the fact that he now knew I'd had nothing to do with situation. It seemed better to not bring it up though, we'd been over his guilt for questioning me but I couldn't help but wonder how much his current attitude negated that. I hadn't done it and he knew and that was enough. Right?

He was typing furiously. "Anyone important?"

"Ollie Sir. I just wanted to give him a virtual hug."

Fine.

*** *** ***

The drive to LA and back went fine. We had dinner and discussed his schedule before I returned. We'd miss this coming weekend but he planned to drive to San Diego nine days from now and would arrive at his normal time.

Friday I spent three hours meeting with a social worker at the VA and arranged to have my father go into adult day services three times a week. A van would pick him up at 9 a.m. and return him around 3:30 on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. This gave my mother free hours where she could leave the house without arranging for someone else to be there since he could no longer be trusted alone at any time. She had been hesitant but I knew without a doubt that she was glad I had been here to make the decision and work out the details.

The following Monday I started my new job and other than getting to know the new admins and nurses, it was fine. I worked with far more children during that week than I'd seen in a year of work in Los Angeles. I actually enjoyed it, mostly because the parents always asked the exact same questions and were too busy keeping an eye on their offspring to expect me to make idle conversation.

I got his journal letter that Tuesday. After five days I was surprised to get it but glad nonetheless.

Daddy,

I'm a bit overwhelmed just thinking about everything that's happened since I last wrote. It was only a week and a half ago we were driving down but it feels like a month. Now you're in San Diego and I'm in Dallas and when I go home it'll be to L.A. and that feels a little strange because you're not there. It was really nice to get back Thursday and see my kitten and some of my friends but I felt a bit off, too.

I felt a bit disconnected as well but mine was mostly due to the new job and new apartment. New schedules and routines weren't my thing and it had taken all my brain power to focus and do what needed done. I hadn't expected him to feel that way and was glad he told me.

Um, the actual move seemed to go pretty well, I think. I like your new apartment and it was really kind of you to find some place that worked well for me.

Why is this so hard this time? I don't know what to say. Can I apologize again for asking about the, you know? Phil? I'm so sorry. I'm really glad they caught the guy.

I was too but the sooner I never thought about it again, the better.

I worked most of the weekend but went out Saturday night and it was weird to not be with you. I feel like I'm leading a double life, like I have a wife and kids and home in L.A. and you're my mistress or something. It's just an analogy, shit, bad idea right? It's not supposed to be mean just that I feel sort of torn. Nowhere really feels quite right anymore.

I offered a solution, one he didn't want. The rest was up to him.

I'm getting home tomorrow and really wish you could come visit/break in. I'm free Friday night but only after 5:30 and we really didn't ever work out date nights. You're really far away and I feel abandoned even though you invited/ordered me to go. I can't explain it. I'm still working through things I guess.

Oh I should talk about the Daddy thing and phasing out or just, whatever you want to call it. Me being a 'good' submissive? I get it now, okay? I get it in ways I didn't before. Coming back to the real world was really hard though. I had to pump gas and order my own food and go through security at the airport and I felt almost unable to handle it. It sort of felt like I was doing it all in a foreign country. Oh I don't know! I'm frustrated and want it back but don't because it will end again and I'm making no sense. You're probably pissed at me just for writing this, aren't you? Frustrated at least. You probably know all the answers and it seems so simple but it's not.

Can I just say that the sex was unbelievably amazing? I mean, you know I like the rough stuff but mix that with a little sweet (the glaze is a memory I will never forget!) and it's magic. The brat play, the spanking, you growling like a fucking BEAST. Damn Sir. Is it Saturday yet?

I'm looking forward to this weekend and hope you are too,

Your boy

I read the end of the note straight through, not able to stop to even get my thoughts together. It was, in general, what I'd expected. There had been no major problems and he'd seemed to enjoy his visit.

Saturday I did my parent's grocery shopping and mine as well and went to the gym. For some reason I got very uneasy and anxious and realized I hadn't heard from him in days.

Me: On your way?

Pet: Yes Sir. Traffic is moving and I'm on time so far.

That meant that he'd be in position and waiting for me in the Den in 82 minutes. I could wait even though it felt nearly impossible to do so. I had a surprise planned.