II - Realization

Lily's p.o.v

I woke up to the sound of ringing turning over I checked my phone.

Incoming call
Decline. Accept.

I looked at the screen with my eyes squinted so I could try and make out the number. After many failed attempts I finally hit the answer button.

"Hello?" I said with a small yawn. Silence... "Hello?" I asked on more time. Once I didn't here anything I ended the call and laid my head back down on the pillow.

Right when I was about to go to sleep I heard a little ding which woke me up and I checked my phone. I had a text message.

Groaning I turned over and held my phone above my face and dimmed the brightness of it. I then went to my messages and read it silently.

I missed hearing your voice...

The message was from the same number which was weird but I ignored it and went back to sleep for a hour more hours. They probably had the wrong number.

Laito's p.o.v

I was currently in Lily's room, I was bored and Ayato wasn't letting anyone near Yui. Ever since the Mukami incident he's been more possessive of her. And now he's upset about father making Kino live with us. He claimed it was eaiser that way.

It's kind of annoying since Yui does have the best blood but I didn't mind all to much now. There was a new human girl who I wanted to try and play with.

I watched as Lily slept soundly, her breathing steady. Her lips were slightly parted allowing her to breath through her mouth.

She was laying on top of her covers still dressed in the clothes she arrived in with a book and her phone by her side.

You could tell she fell asleep reading or texting someone.

After a few minutes Lily woke up and rubbed her eyes. She looked around the room before her eyes landed on mine.

"Good morning Koneko-chan," I said with a smirk as she looked at me with a blank expression, her eyes barely opened. She stood up stumbling a bit and almost falling over but she balanced herself after a moment.

"Good morning Laito-san," she said as she put her book up on the nightstand beside her bed and stumbled out of the room again. She was gone for about 30 seconds before she walked back in.

"The bathroom's in here," she said lightly as she breathed heavily.

What was that about? She barley acknowledged me.

Lily's p.o.v

After waking up and seeing Laito in my room I got up and left. I had a strange feeling but I was way to tired to process anything. And I was kind of surprised about waking up with someone in my room.

I really need to stop falling asleep while I'm reading.

My hair was a bit messy so I grabbed as comb and started to brush through it. After I was finished I put it into a simple French braid. I then washed my face and them stared off into space trying to collect me thoughts. I'm so not a morning person.

I walked out of the bathroom into my room and grabbed a change of clothes. Before I went back into the bathroom to change. Once I was changed I left the bathroom but tripped over my own two feet and hit the ground with a thud.

I laid on the floor for a moment before I got myself back up.

I grabbed my phone and the pair of ear buds off the nightstand along with the book I'm currently reading. Pride and Prejudice.

I use to dislike rewding but when I started to have nightmares in the orphanage Hannah would read to me so I would calm down. These nightmares were particularly bad as I would wake up screaming and crying which disturbed everyone in the orphanage.

They gave me the nickname of crybaby. That was around the time I stopped showing my emotions so easily.

I left my room and started to walk around.

As I was walking around I saw the same big door from yesterday. I suppose some fresh air would be nice.

Taking my chances I walked out and ended up in a garden.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I checked the time, 19:24 (7:24 p.m).

It's way late in the evening so why did Laito greet me with 'good morning'?

It's like they're vampires.

I shook my head at the thought. No that's unlikely, vampires are a simple work of fiction. Aren't they?

I left the garden area until I was outside of mansion grounds. I started to walk through a forest type area. It was quiet and fairly cool outside which was nice.

After a bit of walking around I sat down against a tree and pulled out my book before I started to read. I read for a couple of minutes until I heard a soft rustling sound to my side. I then noticed a average sized white snake.

I stood up and screamed before I stumbled back and fell down. After I stopped screaming the snake slithered away and I got up and ran back the way I came once I ended up back at the mansion I took a breath.

I then went back to the garden and checked the time. It was about 23:16 (11:16 p.m) and I figured I should go back inside. I started to get lost in my thoughts again but they were interupted by a voice.

"What are you doing out here?" I turned my head to see Subaru. "I'm sorry," I said as I turned to face him.
He walked closer to me as he grabbed my wrist.

"You didn't answer my question. What are you doing out here?" He said harshly.

"I don't know," I said as I tried to loosen his grip around my wrist. "I was just walking around."

He was really strong. Much stronger than me.

"Please let me go," I said as I tried to pull my hand away. As I said that he pulled me closer to him and leaned his face into the crevice of my neck.

I tried to pull away but I wasn't able to get out of his grip.

"Stop moving," he said as he bit into my neck harshly.

I let out a small whimper as I bit the inside of my lip to keep from making anymore sounds.

He couldn't be could he? He couldn't be a vampire. They don't exist they're only works of fiction.

That's what my mind was trying to tell me but I knew otherwise. They were real. Vampires were real.

The feeling of fangs in my neck was proof enough. I felt my blood leaving me and my consciousness slowly slipping away.

He is a vampire, and so is everyone else.

That's the conclusion my mind came to before the darkness took over my eyes. And my consciousness slipped away.