Chapter nine

I stepped out the shower and I could barely breath. The air was so thick because of all the stream.  I stayed in the shower for a really long time today because I was going to meet Rickey. I was feeling really fresh so I quickly put the lotion on my body. When I stepped into my room I found my phone was vibrating like a possessed person.

"Hello, hi mom," I said.

"Ohh good hun your up. Get dressed I want you to meet someone. Ill drop by the house to pick you up in 20 mins."

"Wait mom what, I can't I made plans already,"I said.

"Hun this is important, can you please put a rain check on your plans, do this for your mom,"

"I don't want to, who is this about"I asked knowing that she was not going to exclude me from her plans.

"Ella I'm driving can we please talk about this when I get home, "

I sighed"fine, bye mom"I hung up the phone. 

I finished getting dressed then I called Rickey to tell him that there was a change in plan. I asked if he would stop by the house so that he could go were ever my mom was taking me. He agreed and I hung up the phone. I went into the living room to watch tv and 15 minutes later I heard a knock on the door.

I opened the door to welcome whoever was knocking.

"You could have used the doorbe- oh hey mom"I said expecting Rickey to be at the door.

"Hey Ella, you look nice hun. Are you ready to go?"

"Uhh yea let me grab my purse. " I ran upstairs and I saw Rickey's car pull into the driveway. I squeeled and ran outside giving Rickey a huge hug.

"Long week huh,"he said. I gave him a kiss that quickly turned into a mini wake-out scene.

My mom came outside and did her crowd clearing 'ehhm'. We broke apart and we smiled way to big. It was never that serious.

"Hi Ms.Walter"Rickey said. "I'm going to keep Ella company on your outing"he explained after seeing her confused looks.

She glared at me and I knew she would talk to me about it when we got home but I don't care. I get see see Rickey for the first time in weeks.