chapter eleven

I couldn't go to sleep, knowing that my mother was marring someone who I swore off as my enemy. The car ride home was silent and yet so full of tension. Rickey and I stayed silent in the backseat as my mom drove with her hands clenced tightly around the steering wheel. Our eyes would meet everytime she looked up into her mirror but the contact would be broken as soon as it happened. Rickey just kept his eyes averted and every so often he would squeeze my hand. It was evident that he was somehow lost in thought. I just dont know how I let myself go so easly. I should really learn to tame my tounge. I got out of bed as if walking would be able to clear my thoughts somehow. I walked to the kitchen and through the dinning room. I walked past the livingroom taking time to look at each picture there and wondering what happened to the sweet inocent girl in the pictures. I stopped in the kitchen on my way back upstairs and took a long drink of water so that I could hopefully go back to sleep. It was a lost cause because I still tossed and turned all night in bed.

The next day which was sunday, I tried my hardest to take my mind off of the events that happened  the night before. I took a long shower and I was in the kitchen making breakfast when someone rang the doorbell. I thought company was just what I needed so I rushed to the door only to find Ivy staring at me with a petrified look on her face.

"Oh yea hi, is your mom home?" Ivy asked me with her hands folded together in front of her.

"No she left for work a while ago, why" I answered truly curious as to why she showed up, but  I wasnt being bitter because I wanted to apologize for what i said to her.

"Oh well thats ok, ill come back when she is home,"she said as she stared to turn around.

"No wait, come in I wount bite,"I promised.

"Ok," she said hesitantly. "First I have to get something from my car," she said as she turned around and sprinted to her car. When she returned she walked in with a basket full of good stuff.

"This isn't for you, this is for your mom," she informed me as she took a seat at the breakfast bar.

"What did you want to talk about?"She asked as she looked at the time clearly in a rush to get somewhere.

"Whats the rush," I asked.

"I have somewhere to be Ella now can you please NOT waist my time,"she said stirnly.

Fine bitch I said in my head but on the outside I just took a deep breath and said "Im sorry for what I said the other night at dinner I wasn't thinking straight obviously, and im sorry for any embarrasment I may have caused  on your part."

"You were being bitchy but you are already forgiven, and im so sorry for messing up your relationship with Rickey. I could tell that he was drunk and in despare so i just took advantage of him which was wrong of me so im sorry. Now I really have to go so excuse me."

With that Ivy was already up and ready to leave. She didn't even let me say good bye before she slamed the door and I was left all by myself again. I didn't feel like eating so I just made a smoothie and put on some clothes so I could go jogging. I could tell that this was going to be a long and fustrating day.