CHAPTER TWO

MORTAL REALM: TÖRLÊM

  "Ryan, get up!" Christi said urgently as she entered her best friend's room.

  "Not now Christi, I'm trying to get some sleep," he grumbled and pulled the pillow over his head as she opened the shutters.

  "Well time is something we may not have anymore Ryan," she said in a slightly frenzied voice. She cleared her throat as Ryan sat up in the bed and looked at her. "I'm sorry."

  "No don't apologize," he soothed and came down from the bed. Sensing her anxiety he sent out his magic essence through thier connection to calm her, then asked carefully, "Are you okay?"

  She shook her head and swallowed, glancing up at him with glazed eyes.

  He let out a tired sigh. "What happened now?"

  Christi took a seat on his couch and steepled her fingers on her crossed legs. "I just spoke to Enceladus," she began softly. "Things are starting to stir up Ryan. The Orb of Destiny has resurfaced and we're beginning to run out of time."

  " Damn," he swore heatedly and stood up to pace. " I should have known he'd pull a stunt like this."

  "Who?" She asked, puzzled at his sudden burst of temper. Ryan almost never lost control.

  "My father," he fumed. "I should have known he was too quiet when I informed him I was leaving Cimeral."

  Christi was still puzzled so she walked up to him and held his shoulders to stop his pacing. " Ryan, I don't understand. What does your father have to do with any of this."

  "Remember when I told you I was powerful?"

  "Yes?"

  "Well it's more than that. I'm not like other immortals." He walked to the window and stared out lost in thoughts.

  "Ryan what are you talking about?"

  "I was born during the dark siege...."

(IMMORTAL REALM: CIMERAL)

  Ryan slinked slowly towards the war chamber where he knew his parents were. He kept to the shadows and entered the room by using his magic to faze through the door and the spell that surrounded it. When he got to the other side he was quite proud of himself, but the pride was shortlived when he sensed the overwhelming tension and anxiety in the room.

  "Gaël we cannot avoid this option any longer. Everyday the demonic forces advance closer to Cimeral and our troops grow weaker." This was his uncle Jared speaking. He was the guardian of nature and bore powerful magic essence as well as responsibility. His patron kingdom was Athelia- the kingdom of Elves.

  Ryan crept closer to hear his father's response even as he was drawn towards the glowing object on a raised pedestal.

  "I share your concern my brother and agree with you. But how shall we deal with the Elephant in our midst? Much was taken from amongst you to create this weapon, who then do we trust to yield it without being driven to madness?" Gaël inquired of his war council. He watched as greed threated to consume the ones he trusted most with the fate of his kingdom. He himself felt the pull to oblivion and wondered if this weapon would be the cause of thier destruction and not the war it was made to end.

  "It would be my honor, your majesty," Tristan the water guardian volunteered. "As my magic essence was involved in it's creation I shall control it well." No one reminded him that the magic essesnces of all that were present in this room- the most powerful immortals, were used to create the weapon as well.

  "It should be I your majesty," countered Valin, guardian of wariors, "With my command of discipline and warfare, I would be better suited to wield the weapon."

  And so it continued. Each Immortal giving his reason for being the best to handle the power of the medallion. It became so heated that violence sprang up amongst them and Ryan felt the object beside him pulse with power which manifested itself in the form of a blinding light. And then all he could see was darkness....

MORTAL REALM: POLONIA

  "Please have mercy your majesty! Please don't kill me," the condemned peasant begged from the guillotine. The crowd was silent except for the occational mummur and weeping noises, because they all knew that his death was inevitable; no one escaped the dark lord. Although the people of Polonia did not enjoy the king's mass slaughters disguised as public executions, none of them dared to ignore the summons when it was sent out.

  A dark roar of laughter was heard from the alcove on the balcony of the castle. His black hair tied at his nape and his maroon eyes gleaming with an unatural light, the handsome man sitting on the high-backed chair looked nothing like the evil tyrant he was. Half human, half demon, Delterzard was the last of his kin; the Demons of the west. He was also a part of the worst of the bunch- the royal line. They could control Dragons and Delterzard used this power to the best of his ability, to weaken the spirits of the Polonian people by tormenting and murdering all who dared to oppose him. Even the strongest of hearts fell in due time.

  He gave the signal and the blade was dropped, ending the poor man's life. As the blade was raised and the body being removed, the people began to head to thier homes. Knowing the man would not even be accorded the mercy of a proper burial and each person praying the death call never came near thier homes.

  As the crowed thinned out the king rose from the balcony and moved towards his chambers. He was met at the door by Gazar, his fair head cloaked in black and bowed.

  "My Lord, the existence of the medallion of magic has been confirmed."

  Delterzard was not in a good mood. Out on the balcony, before the peasant had been killed, he had been contemplating on how boring and senile his life had become - he did not like it.

  "And you dare to approach me without it?" He demanded irritably.

  Gazar was slightly startled, not knowing the cause of his master's sudden anger. "I thought it might please you to know, sire."

  "To know and not to possess? Be glad that foolishness did not cost you this time Gazar." He entered his room and waved a hand dismissively. "Begone Gazar and this time do not return without the medallion."

  Gazar disappeared immediately. Delterzard paced to the window and sighed looking down at the people who lived around the castle. The only person he deemed trustworthy was one of his own kin. Humans were just too vunerable, no matter how strong they were.

***Shout Out to piousbanjo thanks so much for voting my story I hope you like this chapter as well. As always remember to vote and comment I'd love to hear from you.♡♡♡***