CHAPTER TEN

MORTAL REALM: POLONIA

  Reginald tried not to explode after what he'd just heard. To think that his soul mate was still alive and healthy: living in another realm with a daughter and granddaughter!

  "So dear friend, what do you think?" Enceladus asked tiredly.

  "What do I think?" He roared in frustration, his emotions rising steadily with every passing second. "What do I think? For years I have mourned the loss of my mate and suffered the loss of my kin; my kingdom. Quite frankly I don't know what to think!"

  "I had no idea as well," he sighed. "You know I would not withhold a secret this great from you. Especially when I know first hand what you've been through"

  Reginald laughed humorlessly, his voice cracking as he spoke," She's alive. She's alive and she's moved on without me - without our child."

  "Reginald, we don't know that. She might have adopted that child for all we know to help her deal with the loneliness of losing you both." He let out a deep sigh. "We both know how much you love each other and soulmates once bound cannot procreate with any other apart from their chosen one."

  Reginald took a moment to rein in his emotions. "Yes you're right. I forgot about that," he said remorsefuly. "So what changed? How were you able to reach her after all these years?"

  "She reached me. She said the realm she was portaled to has a sparse amount of magic and it took her this long to assess it because she had been very weak as well. If she hadn't gotten help from an immortal she wouldn't have been able to do it at all."

"Immortal... Ryan?" He guessed. "Ryan is still with her?"

"Yes. Apparently they reconciled recently after he left his home realm to look for her."

"Hmm..."

  "Anyway, the main reason I contacted you today is because you and your daughter are in grave danger." Enceladus said grimly.

  Reginald's silver eyes glinted sharply, and he narrowed them on his close friend and confidant. "Elaborate."

  "I don't know how Delterzard got wind of the information about Christi's successor, but it seems he knows that your lineage still continues and is connected to the medallion."

  "That Bastard," he swore furiously.

  "I am currently going into hiding because I'm being hunted as well for the information I have, so I may not be able to contact you for a while." Enceladus said gravely. " Please be careful my King, because he may be sending the bloodstone sisters after the both of you."

  "But if Christi is alive, is she not the one he would be after?"

  "No. She does not possess the medallion anymore."

He paced for a while as he processed all the information he had just received, and finally sighed tiredly."What do the Brethren have in mind?"

  "Almethuis will arrive as soon as we find a safe place for the both of you." He smiled warmly at his king and close friend. " Until then, my dear friend. Take care of yourself and your lovely daughter." Enceladus disappeared and the fog gradually dissipated.

  Reginald sat down on his bed and put his face in his hands. Diana would not like this new development but there was nothing he could do. He was currently too weak to protect her. As he considered whether to tell her about her mother or not, he sensed his days of peace were nearing an end.

MORTAL REALM: TÖRLÊM

"Lennie! Over here!" Veronica waved her friend over as she entered the cafeteria for lunch.

Helen spotted the enthusiastic brunette and gave her a big smile as she walked over with her lunch.

"Packed lunch today?" Ron all but drooled as she eyed the lunch bag.

Helen laughed and confirmed her suspicion by displaying her lunch set. "Had to. Didn't want to hurt Muriel's feelings when she insistently gave it to me this morning." She shrugged.

"Well a little indulgence never hurt anyone," she said greedily. Ron was trying to lose weight so she considered what she referred to as 'Muriel calories' guilty pleasures.

Helen laughed again and allowed her best friend to have her way with her lunch as her mind drifted off to what happened earlier today...

... "Good morning class. Before we start for the day we have a new transfer student who will be joining us", Mr. Henry their homeroom teacher announced. "Please come in young man and introduce yourself to the class."

  Helen looked on as curiously as the rest of her classmates as the person in question stepped into the class. However, as soon as she saw that familiar face it felt like the air was knocked out of her lungs. Him!

Ryan scanned the class and zeroed directly on Helen. "Hi everyone, my name is Ryan Daniels and I hope to conclude my senior year successfully with you. It's a pleasure to be here."

Helen almost purred at the caress of his voice and she wasn't the only one. Ashley was already fucking him with her eyes if her body language was any indication.

"Thank you, Mr. Daniels. We hope you find your time in our school fulfilling as well. You may take any empty seat of your choice so we can begin the class."

  Ryan nodded and Helen watched as he swaggered towards her with a sexy grin on his face...

And the rest was history. She sighed. She was officially on Ashley's wanted list for presumably, stealing the attention of the hot new guy. She was still drifting when she noticed Ronnie trying to get her attention.

"I'm sorry Ronnie, my mind wandered. You were saying?"

Veronica sighed. "It's too late. He's already heading this way."

Her eyes widened and she spun around. He wouldn't. Unfortunately she was wrong; he would, and he was, nearing their lunch table.

Ryan watched as her beautiful aqua eyes widened adorably at his approach, and he couldn't help but think of how cute she was to think he'd keep his distance like she'd asked him to in class. After all she was the reason he was here in the first place. After he and Christi had received her Mom's call this morning, they'd all agreed that it was better for him to be around her to watch over her in case her blood awakened like those of her bloodline are known to do. It didn't hurt that Ryan thought she was perfect in every way.

"Hello beautiful. We meet again." He grinned at Veronica.

Ronnie ogled him like he was a glass of cool water in the desert and she was parched. "Hello to you too," she purred and Helen didn't blame her honestly, even if she didn't like it for some reason.

Ryan laughed good naturedly at her come hither gestures and turned his attention to Helen. Which gave her a little thrill. His sapphire gaze drew her in and as they stared at each other without words it seemed like the world around them began to fade. She didn't know how long it lasted: seconds, minutes or even what felt like hours, but Ryan broke the silence first.

"Hey..." His voice was husky and did things to the blood flowing through her veins. Helen couldn't understand it. She'd never been this drawn to anyone in her life before, but apparently here she was.

"Hey," she responded breathlessly, making his mind spin fantasies of long nights and silk sheets. Ryan shook his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts. She's Christi's granddaughter, he reprimanded himself hoping it would bring his mind back on track. But, when he saw her wet her lips with the tip of her tongue so delicately he gave up on the cause. He leaned towards her slowly and would have kissed her if it wasn't for the bell.

  Helen jumped like she'd just been woken from a trance and stood up suddenly. "That's the bell. Lunch's over so we better get going." She grabbed her friend and all but pulled her away and towards the cafeteria doors.

Ryan ran his palm over his face and released a sigh. Looks like things were going to be more complicated than he originally thought.

*** Thanks to all of you out there for the support. Don't forget to vote, share and comment. :-).***