CHAPTER FOUR

MORTAL REALM: TÖRLÊM

The car came a stop in font of the large building and Helen got off with her mother. They walked into the venue and found it completely empty, apart from those cleaning up.

  "Honey, are you sure you've got the address right?"

   "Yeah mom, no problem. I'm sure this is all a set up and Ronnie's gonna pop out from somewhere any minute now." I hope.

  They waited for a minute, then searched around futilely for another- all the while getting strange looks from the personnel." Helen, I- " Irene began.

  "You can come out now, Ronnie," Helen yelled to drown out her mother's placating voice. "I'm not buying it."

But after another minute passed with no sign of anyone, her shoulders sagged in defeat. "Okay, I guess I was wrong. I can't believe I got lost on the way to my party," she finished with a humorless laugh.

  Irene squeezed her shoulder reassuringly. "It's okay love, I'm sure it was just a slight mix-up in directions," she said kindly. "Why don't we call Ronnie and find out where we went wrong?"

  Helen nodded and gave her a hug. "Thanks, mom." They held hands and left the club.

  The shock Helen received as they stepped out, was enough to last her the entire year. Who knew so much people could be hidden in such a small amount of space.

  "What took you so long Lennie, you weren't supposed to wait around for three and a half minutes!" Veronica complained later.

  Helen laughed loudly, her peculiar eyes glowing with pleasure and happiness. "Serves you right for placing such a shocker on me." She giggled. "I think my mom's still recovering."

  Helen and Veronica turned to watch the crowd move Irene into the club as the party started inside. They both giggled at the sheer discomfort in her eyes.

  "You know...  It's not very nice to laugh at other people's misery," a deep amused voice said from behind them.

  Both girls turned around sharply almost hitting thier heads together - but the view would have been worth it. They gasped simultaneously, behind them was the most perfectly crafted mass of muscles they had ever seen.

  Helen gaped, helpless to do other wise. Who was he? Her brain whirled to answer that question. Surely she would have remembered this gorgeous face if she'd seen it before?

  He had perfectly chiseled cheekbones that fit the size of his aristocratic nose. His blue eyes gleamed in amusement and deep wisdom that countered his youthful exterior. His black hair gleamed against his gorgeously tanned skin, which he covered with a tight fitting black T-shirt and snug faded jeans.

  His biceps rippled as he folded his arms, and quirking his eyebrow he flashed them an amused smile. "Do I pass?"

  "Oh yeah," Veronica moaned. That snapped Helen out of her own trance-like state and she grabbed her best friend.

  "Sorry, I think I just heard someone say we're needed inside."

  The melodious quality of her voice, combined with those unnatural eyes of hers drew Ryan. He grinned as she mumbled a few more statements and drew her still gawking friend away with her. Ryan watched her walk away, her hips swaying softly and enticingly. Oh yeah he'd definitely be staying around to talk to the blonde again. But first, he had to talk to Helen and her mother. Ryan searched around for a while before he spotted Irene close to the bar, trying to make her way through the teenagers round her. He grinned again, Poor Emerald.

MORTAL REALM: POLONIA

  Gazar felt his skin crawl as the door to the king's chamber was opened. He'd dreaded this moment ever since he set foot on the castle grounds. He spotted Delterzard sitting on a comfortable Chaise-longe, sipping at a goblet filled with what Gazar very well knew wasn't wine.

  "Come, Gazar." Delterzard gestured to the chair across him."Sit and feel at ease."

  Gazar moved towards the offered seat and heard the door click shut behind him. He suddenly felt claustrophobic. He sat down fighting the dread that was slowly consuming him.

  "So Gazar, I believe you have good news for me?"

  Gazar swallowed and the saliva felt like dead weight to his gut. He cleared his throat. "Well I would not say good news exactly, my Lord," he said carefully.

  Delterzard lifted an eyebrow suspiciously. "And what do you mean by that?"

  "My liege, the medallion of magic is gone. No one, not even the immortals or it's guardian know where it is."

  "What?" The king roared furiously and threw the goblet across the room, towards Gazar who managed to barely dodge it. It's deep red content spilled out as the metal clunked on the floor and the rusty smell of blood filled the room. His hands fisted at his sides and his face was distorted by his rage.

  How can this be possible? He thought. How can it just disappear into thin air?

  He turned to face Gazar and stood to approach the seat where he sat. "It is a bad thing to be the bearer of bad news Gazar, you of all people should know that."

  "Yes my Lord," Gazar responded in a strangled voice.

  "Then you know and accept the consequences?" He asked grinning evily.

  "Yes my lord."

  Delterzard laughed mirthlessly, and his dark laughter echoed around the room. "Prepare yourself Gazar..."

  The servants tried, as they went about thier duties, to block the blood curdling screams they heard coming from the King's chamber from thier ears. Some cried silently, while others prayed fervently that the gods would answer them and send them the promised saviour from this evil incarnate.

***Sorry for the late post. I've been very busy lately. But I promise to try my best to post one chapter every week. Please vote and comment, I'd love to hear your opinion on my story:-).***