CHAPTER ELEVEN

MORTAL REALM: POLONIA

    "Gazar how dare you come here?! You know you are not welcome."

    "A pleasure to see you again as well, Ruby." He replied pleasantly, as he made his way boldly towards her.

    "Do not waste your pleasantries with me, Sorcerer. They will do you no good," she warned, as he stopped before her. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest. He was just as handsome as she remembered; even more so now that he was older. His form was more muscular, his masculine features more defined. His deep set eyes held a crystal blue gaze that retained the sharpness and cunning that she had once admired so much. She mourned what could have been, but determined that it would not happen again. She would not let him take advantage of her again. "What do you want?"

   "My master - the King - requests your assistance in a grave matter of his," he said, his tone warning her to comply.

    Ruby felt her blood boil furiously. How dare he? Does he think we are his slaves? She brandished her swords in front of him, causing him to move away cautiously. "Leave, Gazar. I do not owe you or your lord any favours. Our alliance was ended the day you swore fealty to the dark lord."

    Gazar eyed her shrewdly. The Bloodstones were a force to be reckoned with in all the realms. This was because of their superior battle abilities and immunity to most kinds of magic essence - which included his own unfortunately.

"Be wise, Ruby." He warned gravely. "If you refuse me, you refuse the one who sent me, and therefore invoke the wrath of the dark lord. Pushing me to take you by force."

    "And you think you can defeat me alone, Gazar?" She scoffed at him quietly.

    Gazar cursed softly. He should have known better than to think she would be alone. One bloodstone on her own was a powerful foe, but all the bloodstones together proved ominous for an adversary. He felt a sliver of dread go down his spine but refused to acknowledge defeat. "I will not back down."

   "You've already lost, Sorcerer." A feminine voice sneered from behind him.

    "And don't think that you will leave here alive if we do not will it so." This time the voice came from beside him and he glanced sideways to see a young woman with the blade of her battle-axe faced towards him. Her solid stance assuring Gazar that she could wield the weapon perfectly.

    Gazar gazed into the eyes of the only woman he had ever loved, and decided to plead with her instead of demanding. " Please do reconsider, Ruby. If I do not return successful, the dark lord may take my life." He smiled inwardly when he saw her resolve falter.

    "Ruby?" Sapphire inquired from behind Gazar when she saw her sister's indecision. She knew that the sorcerer was trifling with her sister's emotions concerning him.

    Ruby looked at her sisters and saw understanding in Sapphire's gaze. Sapphire was the only sister who knew of her history with the sorcerer. Amber, as expected, was confused by her indecision. So Ruby took comfort from her sister and looked back at Gazar. "We will not kill you. For then we will give your master cause to do us harm. So we will give you this final warning; leave Gazar, and never return. Because, if you do, you will cease to walk amongst the living sooner than you expect."

    Slightly surprised by her verdict, he smiled arrogantly and disappeared. He was wise enough to know when to retreat.

    "Is he gone for good?" Amber asked, reglamouring her weapon. The smell of the sorcerer's magic was making her sick and she wondered if her sisters felt it too.

    "No," Ruby said and glamoured her twin blades. She looked at Sapphire as she continued, "He will return. He does not appreciate the humiliation of defeat."

IMMORTAL REALM: CIMERAL

"Captain Tyler here to report to the King." The guard at the door to the throne room announced as Tyler walked in.

He stopped before the throne and bowed low. "Greetings your majesty."

Gaël nodded in acknowledgement. "Rise Tyler, who knows what my queen and your mother would do to me if they found out I make you stand on ceremony." He chuckled. "What do you have for me concerning the matter I asked of you?"

  "Your majesty, the prince has refused to return to Cimeral."

"Stubborn bastard," he sighed in resignation. "I suppose I expected that. Especially when I heard he was with that mortal 'friend' of his."

Tyler winced at the condescending tone at which he'd said the word friend and was grateful that Ryan wasn't present to hear it. Because, he knew Ryan really treasured Christi as a friend and would most likely take offense on her behalf.

"Any other thing, Captain?" He asked getting ready to dismiss him.

"Yes my Liege." Tyler paused and mentally prepared himself for the explosion he knew would ensue. "The Orb of destiny has nothing to do with the prince"

The hall was quiet for a while after he spoke, then all of a sudden the castle walls began to tremble and the ground quaked as the king let loose his essence. "WHAAAT?!"

*** Doing some editing and giving this another shot. Wish me luck :-)***