The End of Tony&Pepper begins

Hey friends! A Fan Fiction for all Tony/Robert /Pepper and Tony/ Pepperony lovers...

Well, I'm taking Iron man one as reference. I really do not have any idea on why I even started working on this but now I'm having fun, I'll keep uploading but I'm a bit confused right now, just hoping to find a path through your comments. I hope you Enjoy!

Pepper poured some coffee from the coffee machine. Puffy and swollen eyes, hair messily tied in a bun. She was a walking mess.

"You look terrible, Pepper!"

That was a familiar voice. It was the doctor looking after Tony.

Pepper faintly smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

"He'll be alright. That guy isn't a quitter, Ms Potts." The doctor assured.

"I don't know... It was all my fault." Pepper's voice went shaky.

"No, it isn't. He was doing it for you. You two are made for each other. Everyone knows that, except you I guess?!" Doctor's voice was calm.

"No doctor, me and Tony. We are not meant to be together, we never were.” Pepper's smile was gone now. 

She and the doctor stepped in the elevator but then her (Doctor's) phone rang.

"Yes?! Who? Tony Stark?" The expression on doctor's face suddenly changed. She looked worried, she looked at Pepper, like it had something to do with her.

"What happened, doctor?" Pepper asked in worried tone as doctor herself looked panicked.

She didn't reply for a moment.

"He woke up!" after a pause she said.

"So, isn't that a good thing?" Now pepper started sweating. The lift opened and there was a chaos on the Tony's floor. This was a VIP floor, dedicated to Tony only. Well, the entire hospital was Tony's.

She saw everyone running around. The floor was messy with vases and stuff shattered on the floor.

Then she heard screams from the kitchen. There was a herd of people on the kitchen door. Pepper pushed through them to see the most shocking thing.

Tony was standing on the top of the kitchen island with a scalpel in his hand. He was panting and looked scared and angry at the same time.

Pepper thought that maybe he didn't see her when woke up and went mad.

"Tony!! What are you doing" She walked up to him. 

"Stop right there or I'll cut myself!" Tony placed the scalpel close to his wrist that already had some cuts.

"What happened, Tony? Tell me, I'm here now!" Her voice trembled a bit, she was just seconds away from crying and a few tears actually did creep down her cheeks from the corners of her eyes.

"Who are you? Where is my mommy? I want my mommy!" Tony cried out and rubbed his left eye with the free hand. His eyes were bloodshot.

"What?” pepper was confused now.

But then Rhodes came running from behind.

"What is going on here, Pepper?" Rhodey asked her when saw all the chaos but his eyes got glued to Tony, who was standing on the island wearing hospital pajamas.

"I don't know, Rhodey, He doesn't recognize me." Pepper said with disbelief in her eyes still looking at Tony.

"What? Tony come down here and drop that knife right now!" Rhodes shouted on Tony.