Girl Meets The New Year pt.2

Rachel's P.O.V.

We were sitting in Mr. Matthews class when he started talking about friendship.

"We form friendship before even we know what friendship means. We just know, 'Hey, I like this person.'" Cory said.

"It's nice we're all looking at each other." Said Charlie.

"We grow before we even know what growth means. We just know, 'I see things differently now.' And finally, we feel. And you know what we know from feelings? Nothin'. We just feel. It's how we know we're alive. But you have to be careful with feelings. They can tear apart friendship and growth." Cory explained.

"Friends come first, and growth is knowing that your friends' happiness comes before your own." Riley said.

"That's nuts." Cory told her.

"You tell her, ham bone!" Farkle shouted.

"But Dad, you've always lived that way." Riley told him.

"Not always, Riley. I didn't used to. But I learned the way you're learning now. Every event in history comes from people feeling something and then acting on those feelings, or sometimes being smart enough not to. That's how you grow." Cory explained.

"Is that on the test, sir?" I asked.

"It is." Cory said.

"When is the test, sir?" Lucas asked.

"Every day. Happy New Year, everyone."

After Cory's class, we went to Harper's.

"Do you give in to your feelings or let your mind rule over your heart?" Harper asked.

"I follow my heart. It gets me into trouble." I told her.

"What about you, Riley?" She asks.

"My mind tells me to do what's right." Riley answered.

"Can anyone answer which is more valuable to follow?" Harper asks.

"It depends on the situation." Lucas said.

"No, it doesn't." She told him.

"Just taking a shot!" He shouted.

"Very passionate." She said.

"Thank you!" Lucas yelled.

"And that's where we run into trouble." She told the class.

"You set me up!" Lucas yelled.

"The untamed heart can be reckless and sometimes harmful to yourself and to others. But pure intellect, never following your heart, is a life unlived. Sense and Sensibility. What's the most important word in the title?" Harper asked.

"Sense." Said Riley.

"Sensibility." I said.

"Farkle?" Harper asked.

"And head and heart. You need to use both." He answered.

"Very good." She told him.

"You have until New Year's Eve. This horn blows at midnight." Farkle told someone.

A/N: Sorry it's so short, I'm working on the next one.

~🔮Taylor Evans🔮