girl meets high school pt.1 (2)

𑁍𑁍𑁍

𑁍𑁍𑁍

I walk down the stairs to Topanga's when I stop and listen to the girls talk.

"They're not gonna show up, are they?"

"No." Maya told her friend.

"We do our homework here every night together." Riley said.

"Yeah."

"They're actually upset with me. The fight I had with Lucas was real. Is this happening?" Riley asks Maya. "It's the first day of high school and we thought that we were so ready."

"I told you we shouldn't go." Maya said to her.

"Friendships can come apart in high school." Riley said.

I watch them through the window and my heart broke. I wish I never left them, so I walk through the door and make my presence known.

"I guess I just never thought that it could actually really happen to us." The brunette finished.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Our friendship isn't broken Riley." I say to her and I sit down next to her and hug her.

"How stupid was I to trust people I don't even know?" Riley asks me.

"Not stupid." One of the seniors says.

"You." Maya says rudely. The three of us turn around and the seniors meet us in the middle.

"Why would you guys do this to us?" Riley asks.

"Our friends left, you know." I tell them.

"Yeah, that's what happens. People leave." Francesca says to us.

"So, what, you're following us now?" Maya asks them.

"No." Thor chuckles. "You're following us, actually."

"Yeah, we're in here all of the time." Francesca says like it's obvious.

"This is our place." Nikki says.

"How come we never noticed you?" I ask them.

"Because you guys have been stuck in your own little world all this time. Now you want to grow up and join ours?" Nikki says, moving to go sit in the bay window with Francesca. "You guys have to stop and look around more."

"That's why we put you down there. Don't jump so fast. Look around." The blonde senior girl says to us.

"Are you guys good people or are you just messing with us? Just tell us that." Riley asks them, grabbing Maya and I's hands.

"Well, we're definitely messing with you." They all nod. "But we like to believe we're good people. You know, you guys will just have to figure that out, okay?" Thor tells us.

"Not okay. I don't believe in you. But I do believe in her and I believe in her. Thanks for coming. Hope you find another project." Maya says.

They all get up and start to head to the door and I notice Farkle's head in the door. He walks through the door after the seniors leave and goes to stand in front of the bay window.

"Look, I spoke to everybody. I know we were supposed to be here. Everyone is just a little upset. You know, you kind of ruined our first day of high school. So, we all just did our homework at home tonight." Farkle tells us.

"I'm sorry girls. I finished my work with Lucas before I came here." I tell them, guiltily.

"Farkle, I'm upset with you." Maya tells him.

"And I'm upset with you."

"This is how a real fight begins."

"No, I actually think we're in one right now." Farkle tells the blonde beauty.

"Hey, we're not the ones who made high school harder than we thought it was gonna be." Maya says.

"And we're not the ones who trusted complete strangers."

"I believe in people, Farkle, and you know that." Riley says.

"They aren't crazy! I believe in them too." I say.

"Maybe this will teach you not to." Farkle says.

"Okay." Riley says, walking up to him. "You tell them that it doesn't matter if you think standing in a hole is stupid."

"What matters is us, Farkle. We don't leave." I say.

"And I'm gonna go back in that stupid hole tomorrow, and I don't know what I'm going to learn. Because I believe that I'm gonna come out knowing more than I do now. And I hope I'm making the right choice, Farkle. I hope my friends will be there right with me. You tell them that."