Girl Meets Legacy Pt. 2

"You came into this place, a bunch of young kids, who didn't know very much, and now look at ya: young men and women ready for what's next. Snap out of it. Get in here! What are you doin'?" Matthews asks.

"We value our friendship too much to look at each other."

"Turn your chair around. Get in your seat. Now, the most important thing you can do in life is give people a reason to remember you. The people who do that are the ones we study in here. So, your last assignment from me, and for yourselves, is to figure out what you'll give back."

"What?" I ask.

"I looked at Riley." Lucas says to me.

"I know, I saw." I say.

"So, I'm looking at you to even it up!" Lucas says.

"Oh, well, a girl always wants to be looked at to be evened up." I say sarcastically.

"We're just friends, and I love your outfit." Lucas says to me.

"Hey!" Riley screams and slams her hands on the window.

"Your hair smells nice!" Lucas yells.

"You smelled her hair?" I growl.

"Lucas!" Matthews scolds.

"I'm dying here!" Lucas shouts.

"What are you grateful for? Who do you want to remember you?" Riley walks into the room as her father finishes.
"Do something about it... right now. Now, get outta here!" Matthews says. All of us leave except Riley.

---------------------------------

It's the end of the day and I'm walking around the school to get to the choir room. I finally get there and see my choir director packing up her supplies. I walk into the room and the choir teacher looks at me.

"Hey Rachel." Miss. Corcoran says.

"Hi." I say.

"What are you doing here sweetie?" She asks.

"Well, it's my last day, and I wanted to let you know how much you've helped me this year." I say.

"I am honored to be your teacher Rachel. I can tell you will do great things in life. What do you want to do when you get out of college?" Miss. Corcoran asks.

"I want to be on Broadway or act, sing, and dance on a show like Dancing With The 🌟 ." I say.

"Well, just keep practicing and I have no doubt that you will make it in show business." Miss. Corcoran says.

"Thank you so much. When I star on Broadway, hopefully, I will send you a ticket to my first performance." I say confidently.

"That would be great." She says happily.

"There's something else that I just noticed. Why are you packing up everything. Normally teachers only take what they need." I ask.

"I'm packing up everything because I'm not going to be a teacher here next year Rachel." Miss. Corcoran sighs.

"Why not? You are the best music teacher ever" I say.

"I'm leaving because I was offered a job as a Glee Club director at a high school." My teacher says.

"Is is my school?" I ask, slightly perking up.

"No Rachel, I looked. But I have to get going now. I'm sorry Rachel. But don't forget to follow your dreams sweetie. No matter what. Don't Stop Believing." Miss. Corcoran tells me and pulls be into a big hug.