Girl Meets Legacy Pt. 1

At Riley's House

"It has been a long time since New Years on the roof. Remember that? I know we've been avoiding it but now the flowers are blooming and it is Spring: the season of love! Hi! My name is Lucas Friar and I am here to talk about us." Lucas says while reading off of a note card.

"Do we have to talk about this?" I ask.

"We have to make some decisions!" Lucas shouts.

"We have chosen to completely forget about this! (yells) He's in my room!" Riley shouts.

"You have to make some decisions!" Mr. Matthews yells.

"This is very hard for me. We have to be very careful about what's going on, because I don't want to--" Lucas starts, still reading off a note card.

".. lose either one of you as my friends?" Riley continues.

".. lose either one of you as my friend". Lucas repeats.

"You were with him when he wrote this?!" I shout.

"No. Rachel, I think we just all know what's at stake here." Riley tells me.

"Nothing's at stake here. Just tell me right now: nothing will affect our friendship." I say.

"It won't." Riley shrugs.

"What... about... what... I... want?" Lucas reads off of the card.

"One card for each word..." Riley trails off.

"Why did he do that?" I ask.

"Emphasis." Riley tells me.

"Why did he do that?!" I question again.

"Lucas, what do you want?" Riley asks.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to us... but I especially don't want to be responsible for something bad happening between the two of you!" Lucas says.

"We know that," I say.

"Why do you think we like you?" Riley asks.

"What's it say on your last card?" I ask.

"Oh, I'll get to it." Lucas says showing me his note card.

"See? I have different feelings for each of you and I don't entirely understand them." The Texan says.

"We don't understand this either." I say, speaking for Riley and myself.

"That's why the smartest thing to do would be to make the right decision, right now, and just move on." Lucas concludes.

"Great! How do we do that?" Riley questions.

"You mean, choose one of us over the other?" I pause, "What happens then?"

"That would be the end of us." Riley says.

"What's it say on your last card?" I ask.

"I don't want this to be the end of us." Reads Lucas.

-------------------------------------------------

At School

"Legacy! (audience laugh) Why is Farkle a goose?" Matthews questions.

"That's the Einstein Academy Goose." Riley tells her father.

"Oh! Of course. The Einstein Academy Goose. Why is it on Farkle's desk?" Matthews asks.

"Einstein captured Farkle. It was their end of the year prank." I explain.

"So, since they took our mascot..." Maya starts.