Chapter 7

Third Person POV:

The car slowed to a halt as it neared the pack house. Mud the had been conjured up from the rain covered the bottom half of the tires. Austin let out a curse when he saw the mug that stained his car, but quickly rushed inside, realizing that it was pouring out. Theodore quickly jumped of of the car with Lynx behind him. He held onto her hand and ran inside.

Theodore was thankful that May was waiting for them with an armful of towels. She wrapped a towel around Theodore and was surprised to see Lynx, but wrapped a towel around her as well.

"Thanks May." Austin said, kissing her cheek and wrapping his arms around May. Theodore chuckled, being used to seeing their affection for one another, and walked into the kitchen, Lynx following him. He quickly got two mugs and filled them with water. He placed them in the microwave and looked at Lynx. The microwave beeped a few moments later and Theodore took out the mugs of hot water. He opened a cabinet, taking out a little container of hot chocolate mix and dumped a few spoon fills of it in each mug. He stores the mugs and handed one to Lynx.

She lifted the hot mug to her lips, taking a drink from it. Theodore could not help but feel surprised. She had not even waited for it to cool. Can she not feel pain?

"Do you not feel pain?" He blurted out. He didn't mean to of asked that, but he did not feel bad about it. He had been raised to always be honest, after all.

Lynx looked at him for a few moments. He sure was curious. But why should he not be? She was his mate, he would naturally be curious about her. Lynx placed the mug down on the counter next to her and slowly pulled up the sleeves of her dark leather jacket. Scars old and new littered her arms. She was not depressed though, just trying to feel something. Anything.

Theodore could not help but feel horrified at the sight of the scars on her arms. She cut? But she was not depressed, she couldn't be.

"When you can't feel anything, you try to feel something. Anything. Even pain." Lynx sensed something, different. Something about her was different. But she was not sure what. It was strange. A sort of darkness at the sight of Theodore feeling, sad. It was not good. Then again, nothing was good or bad to her, so this made no sense.

Theodore looked down at his mate, finding it hard to take this in. She truly could not feel anything.

"I will help you, I promise I will never stop trying to help you, even if it kills me." Lynx looked up at him, her black eyes meeting his forest green eyes.

"If that's what you want, I will not stop you."

Lynx pulled the sleeves of her jacket back down and lifted the mug of hot chocolate back up. She quickly downed the left of it, not noticing the hot liquid burn her throat.

May and Austin walked into the kitchen, May instantly walking over to Theodore.

"Who is this? Is she your mate?" May asked Theodore, instantly getting to the point. Theodore took a drink from his hot chocolate, watching May.

"Don't think you can avoid it! Who is she?"

"She's Lynx." Theodore said as soon as he placed his mug down.

"And, yes she is my mate." May squealed like a young school girl, clearly excited for Theodore.

"And, she suffered from lost emotions." The bright smile fades from May's face at the last comment. She suffered from lost emotions? How could fate be so cruel to Theo? The poor girl...

"It's okay May, I'm going to help Lynx. I will not stop trying to help her feel anything until I get her to feel something, or die." May felt worried for Theodore. She knew how he was, he didn't give up on things very easily.

"Well, congratulations on finding your mate Theo." May then turned and walked back over to Austin. Theodore looked down at Lynx, seeing as she was looking up at him.

"What is it?"

"There's something light in me, but it's only when I'm around you. Is very small though, it barely exists." Her words confused Theodore. Something light? What the hell did that mean?

744 words