Chapter 16

Third Person's POV:

Theodore sat silently on the bed, his eyes fixed on the door. It had been around two hours since Lynx had left to kill the Alpha, and he couldn't help but to worry. He was knocked from his thoughts at the sound of footsteps. Moments passed and soon the door opened, Lynx stepping inside.

"He's dead." She announced, walking over to the desk in the corner of the room and placing her sword on it. Theodore stood, making his way over to her. He wrapped his arms around the silver haired girl from behind.

"You okay?" He murmured, his lips near her ear.

"Yeah." She whispered, turning herself around and wrapping her arms around his neck. They stood in silence, enjoying each other's company.

"Now, where were we earlier?" Theodore whispered before pressing his lips to her's. She instantly responded, pressing herself closer to him. His lips trailed down her jaw and soon her neck. His hand pushed aside the cloth material on her shoulder, revealing the mark. His lips brushed over it, earning a sigh. Faintly smiling, he continued to attack the mark with his lips, earning quiet moans in response. In the back of his mind be noticed them slowly walking backwards. Lynx's legs hit the back of the bed. Theodore gently pushed her down, his hands slowly moving down her side.

"You know I love you, right?" He murmured, his hand slowly lifting the black sweater.

"I know." She whispered, her hands running down his chest to his jeans, where she slowly began to unbutton them.

Theodore's eyes flickered open, instantly noticing that he was alone. He sat up, his eyes flickering around the room. He climbed out of bed, quickly gathering up his clothes and tossing them in the laundry basket. Taking out from fresh clothes from the dresser, he made his way to the bathroom to shower.

He made his way downstairs, hearing voices. He was quick to spot Lynx chatting with May and Austin. Lynx's back was facing him, but from Austin's expression, it was a serious conversation. Theodore walked over to them, sitting next to Lynx on the couch.

"What's up?"

"Theodore-- the second war has begun. Lynx was attacked by a vampire on her way back." Theodore's gaze flickered over to her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't exactly get a chance to." Theodore remembered the occurrences of last night, realizing it was true. She had not exactly had a chance to tell him once she got back.

"Well, what are we gonna do then?" Theodore asked, looking over to Austin.

"We'll have to inform the surrounding packs, I'll entrust that you send out messengers, Theodore. We'll need to plan a meeting with the other Alpha's, if a battle is near we are gonna need as many wolves to fight as possible. We're a small pack, we'll be crushed on our own." Theodore nodded, making a mental note to send out some messengers.

"Also, make sure patrol know this is serious. Make sure they are alert and watchful for any vampires or vampire scents. Now that we know they will attack, we need to be on alert. Don't let your guard down." Theodore nodded along with May and Lynx. Austin then stood, walking off to his study likely to prepare for the meeting with the other Alphas. May headed off towards the kitchen.

"So, the second war as started, huh?" Theodore said, hoping the fear in his voice went unheard. Truly this news was terrifying, the second war was beginning, and who would win was unpredictable.

"We'll get through this, some how." She murmured. Theodore nodded, hoping her words were true, that some how, they would get through this.

605 words