Chapter 15

Third Person's POV:

Theodore stood outside her door, leaning against the wall. His attention was caught by the sound of the door creaking open. Lynx stepped out, wearing a black long sleeved sweater and black leggings. Both clothing items stuck to her like a second skin, showing off her body. Her silver hair was pulled back in a high pony tail. She also had on black gloves and simple black shoes.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Theodore had asked that very question about a million times, worried about his mate. She had constantly replied with the same answer.

"I'll be fine Theo, don't worry." He had grown accustomed to her calling him Theo, it was her nickname for him.

"Alright...if you're sure." He murmured. He knew it was probably beginning to annoy her, but he could not help but to worry. He cared for her and did not want to see her hurt when she returned from her mission.

"Stay safe, okay?" He pulled her into his arms, her head resting on his chest.

"I'll be back before you know it." She pulled away from the embrace, looking at him.

"Okay." He said with a nod. He needed to believe her words, she would return later, perfectly fine. Yet, with the vampire attacks and the fact that she was setting out to assassinate an Alpha of a well known pack, he could not help but to worry. She smiled, turning and beginning to walk away.

"I love you." The three words spilling from his mouth. He had not really meant to say it, the words just slipped out. He wasn't lying though, he loved Lynx. He loved her so much he feared he would go insane if something were to happen to her. She stopped, not turning to look back at him. Moments passed and Theodore began to grow uneasy. Had he said the wrong thing? She turned around, her face void of emotion. She walked back over to him, her arms wrapping around his neck as she pulled him in for a kiss. He kissed back, enjoying the warmth that filled his chest.

What had been expected to be a simple kiss quickly grew heated, Theodore slipping his tongue into her mouth. His hands grasped her waist, pulling her close to him. He felt the two of them moving and soon Lynx's back was against the wall, Theodore pinning her there. He pulled away slightly, his lips trailing along her jaw and down her neck. She let out a quiet moan when his lips ran over the mark. Smirking faintly, he kissed it again, rewarding himself with another moan from her. Theodore's lips continued to attack the mark, enjoying the noises she made as he did.

"Theodore...I have to go..." Her breathing was labored. He let out a growl, pressing his forehead to her's. Lynx was quick to notice that his eyes were darker, revealing that his wolf was in control.

"We can continue this later. I promise." She murmured, managing to get a grip on her breathing. His wolf appeared to accept this, or Theodore had managed to convince him to wait. His eyes returned to their usual forest green. He backed away, his cheeks dusted with a light pink.

"Sorry." He murmured, his gaze lowered to the ground.

"Don't be, it is only natural. And I do promise we can continue it later."

"I'll hold you to that promise then." Theodore said with a slight chuckle, lifting his head to meet her gaze.

"I'll be back in a bit." With that Lynx turned and headed towards the stairs. She had an Alpha to kill.

Silently she stood in the forest, just outside the Black Talon pack's territory. Her eyes flickered around, having grown accustomed to the darkness she was in. No fresh scents, obviously. There would not be another patrol until morning. Lynx quickly ran across the border, racing through the territory on light feet. Her head was empty, the only thoughts were of her plans to kill the Alpha. She figured she would feel anger at this moment, but she couldn't of course. She only felt emotions when with Theodore.