Chapter 10

Third Person POV:

Lynx took a bite of the sandwich May had made for her. The past week Theodore had been making her try all different sorts of foods. Some she liked, others tasted like pure shit. Theodore watched her as she chewed, likely wanting to hear of what she thought of the sandwich.

"It's okay." She said with a shrug. It tasted bland. Most foods seemed to. She could taste some foods though, mostly strong thighs like coffee and spicy foods. Theodore nodded, accepting the answer. May laughed faintly and shook her head. She found it funny how Theodore had been making Lynx try all different sorts of food the past week. Theodore had been quite excited at the fact that she could feel.

Lynx ate half of the sandwich before placing the rest of it on the plate and standing to throw it away.

Theodore himself had been trying to get Lynx to feel more emotions, along with get to know her better. Theodore had practically never left her side, expect for using the bathroom and at night. Theodore stood from the chair he was sitting in and headed to the living room. Lynx was quick to stand and follow, as she had no where else to go.

"Now what?" She asked, looking at Theodore. He had been coming up with all different sorts of idea of what they could do, what he could have Lynx try, or what they could talk about.

"How about--" he paused for a moment, likely trying to decide on what he would say.

"What was it like for you growing up, you know, before the silver poisoning?" Theodore slowly sat down on the couch. He patted the stop next to him, signaling Lynx to sit next to him. He looked at her with a nervous expression, likely wondering if it had been okay to of asked that.

"Well, from what I can remember, I was happy growing up." Theodore felt his wolf sigh at her voice. It was icy, yet had a hint of happiness in it. It was strange, yet Theodore loved it.

"It was just me and my father, as my mother had died at my birth. My father didn't blame me though, if anything he loved me even more, as I was all he had left of her." Theodore looked at her in pity, never knowing your mother would be tough. Then again, it didn't seem to faze her, talking about it.

"So, is your father back at your old pack? Maybe I could meet him some time." Lynx shook her head.

"He's dead. Committed suicide after discovering I had lost emotions."

"O-oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know-" she shrugged, looking like she honestly didn't care. It was likely she couldn't care.

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault he's dead. I don't blame him though, I was all he he's left. Hearing that the one thing he loved could no longer love him back drove him insane. He committed suicide the day after he found out I had lost emotions."

Theodore nodded, deciding not to ask anything else about the topic. He was unsure if she could feel grief or not, and he didn't want to worsen it if she could.

"Why did you follow your Alpha? You couldn't feel loyalty, right?" She nodded.

"I followed him because I found it was my purpose I guess. There was no point in anything so I just did as he said. There isn't really a reason why. I just saw it as my purpose."

"Well, what's your purpose now?" Theodore couldn't help but to ask, as he had been raised to speak his mind.

"To be with you I guess, and now that I can faintly feel, I can choose to stay with you for my own feelings." A smile broke out on Theodore's face.

"I like that answer." He murmured, meeting Lynx's gaze. She chuckled.

"I knew you would."

711 words