Chapter 12

Third Person's POV:

Theodore sat up in his bed, stifling a yawn. His gaze flickered towards the clock, which read seven thirty. He let out a groan of annoyance, knowing he would not be able to fall back asleep. He had been having trouble sleeping lately, and he knew exactly why. It had been about a month since Lynx had began to feel some emotions. They had spent a lot of time together, getting to know each other and figuring out what Lynx could and could not feel. She mostly felt pain and love, and even then they were not strong. Theodore did not mind waiting for her, but his wolf on the other hand, was getting restless. His wolf was constantly nagging him, getting annoyed that he was yet to claim his mate. A part of Theodore could not help but to agree with his wolf, but he knew it would be best to wait for when Lynx felt ready.

He quickly walked down the stair and to the kitchen, the smells of bacon and waffles attracting him. His dark hair was damp from the shower he had taken minutes ago. He sat down at the counter, his mouth watering in anticipation for breakfast. He stifled another yawn as May placed down a plate containing a stack of three waffles and come bacon. Theodore quickly grabbed the syrup, drenching the waffles in the sticky sweetness.

"You okay? You look really tired." May commented, looking at him in concern.

"Yeah, can't sleep." Theodore replied, quickly cutting up the waffles and stuffing a fork full in his mouth.

"Oh, are you sick?" May asked, returning to the stove. Theodore shook his head.

"No, my wolf's getting restless." May nodded in understanding. It made sense now, Lynx had been here nearly two months, May did not blame Theodore if he was getting tired of waiting. Werewolf relationships were not meant to be taken at a slow pace, normally a pair of mates would of completed the mating process in a few weeks, rarely a month.

"Just be patient Theodore. Talk to her about it if you need to, she will understand, I think"

"She can be understanding, well, kind of understanding." Theodore said through a mouthful of food. His head turned slightly at the sound of footsteps, Lynx soon appearing. She wore a random grey t-shirt and blue checkered pajama pants. She had obviously just woken up.

"Morning Lynx! Waffles? Bacon?" May called out to the half asleep werewolf.

"Sure, no bacon." She said in reply, sitting next to Theodore.

"I'll take her bacon May." Theodore said, deciding not to pass up the opportunity of more bacon. The Luna chuckled in reply, placing a plate of waffles in front of Lynx and adding three pieces of bacon to Theodore's plate.

"Okay Lynx, I'd like to see what you know with fighting if that is okay." Austin announced. Theodore stood next to Lynx out on the training field. Other werewolves were around, running laps or doing other forms of training. Lynx nodded in reply to Austin.

"Alright, today we'll do shifted fighting, we can see fighting with weapons another day." Theodore had only come out here to supervise training that day. His eyes flickered over the werewolves practicing fighting a few yards away. He turned back to Austin and Lynx.

"You ready?" Austin asked, looking at Lynx. She nodded and both of them shifted. Austin was a large dark brown wolf with yellow eyes. Theodore had seen him shift a thousand times, his interest was in Lynx, who he had yet to see shifted. She was a bit smaller than Austin, her fur was silver, similar to her hair. Theodore noted to asked about her hair and fur color later, as he could not help but wonder if it was due to the silver poisoning. She had a few grey markings, but they were not very noticeable. Her eyes remained the dark nearly black blue color they had been lately.

The two began fighting, claws shielded at neither wanted to actually inflict pain on the other. Theodore's gaze remained glued to Lynx, watching her fight. She was quite good at fighting, which made sense. She had been an assassin. Theodore did not even realize that the training fight had ended till they shifted back.

"Not bad Lynx. You would make an excellent warrior in my pack." Austin said, clearly impressed. Lynx nodded in thanks and turned to Theodore.

"Nice job." He said as they walked back to the house.

Theodore lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. He was unable to sleep, as normal. His eyes flickered over to the alarm clock on his bed side, his eyes squinting as he struggled to see. Everything looked a bit fuzzy since he was not wearing his glasses. The clock read eleven 'o two, as least, he thought it read that. His gaze darted over to the door at the sound of knocking.

"Come in." He said, his gaze moving back to staring blankly at the ceiling. A wonderful scent filled the room and he instantly knew it was Lynx.

"I couldn't sleep, sorry if I woke you." Theodore sat up, reaching out to his night stand and grabbed his glasses. He slid them on his face and looked at her. She wore the same pajamas as she had been wearing in the morning.

"Don't worry, you didn't wake me. I couldn't sleep either." He patted the spot on the bed next to him. She walked over slowly, sitting on the bed.

"So, what's up?" He asked once she had sat down. She shrugged.

"Just can't sleep for some reason, dunno why." He nodded.

"Me too." He said. He knew it would be possible for him to fall asleep now, but he forced his eyes to remain open. They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, neither saying anything. Theodore studied her, a thought from earlier popping into mind.

"How come your hair and fur are silver? Is it due to silver poisoning." She nodded.

"Yeah, my hair turned silver once I got silver poisoning, same with my wolf's fur and my eyes. My hair used to be brown, I'm not sure what color my wolf's fur was, and my eyes were blue."

"Well, either way you are very beautiful." A smile appeared on her lips at that comment. Slowly he leaned in, his lips soon meeting her's. She kissed back, placing one hand on his shoulder. Moments passed and soon the kiss grew heated. He broke away, trailing kisses down her jaw and neck. He could feel his teeth sharpen in his mouth, and he knew his eyes had likely gone black. He kissed the spot where her shoulder and neck met. He moved his face away from the crook of her neck, his gaze meeting her's. She nodded slightly and he returned to kissing the spot on her neck, his hands on her shoulders as if to hold her in place. He opened his mouth wider, quickly sinking his teeth into her flesh.

Her hands gripped the sheets, her eyes tightly closing. An explosion of both pain and pleasure coursing through her body. She was not sure what she felt. Faintly she felt him lick the mark, stopping the bleeding. Her eyes slowly opened, instantly going to Theodore, who was now looking at her, a smile on his face. She smiled back, he eyes drooping. He pulled her close to him and pulled a blanket over them. His arms were wrapped tightly around her, as if scared she would disappear if he let go. She nestled her face into the pillow, a smile on her face as she drifted off to sleep.

1294 words