Chapter 8

Third Person POV:

A few weeks had passed and Theodore had gotten to know Lynx more. Well, sort of. He practically asked her about every little detail of her life and what it was like for her. If Theodore was not with her, he was reading about silver poisoning and lost emotions. He was set to find a cure.

Theodore sat at the counter, on his laptop. He typed away, researching more about silver poisoning. He had recently found a werewolf organization that researches to find a cure for lost emotions. Naturally he donated to it. Lynx sat across from him, her gaze fixed on Theodore intently. The strange thing in her had merely grown, but it was not bad. It was light and--Lynx just didn't know how to describe it. It was, different, from anything else. Yet, it was familiar as well, like she has once had something like it. She told Theodore about it, but he had no idea what it might be.

Her hand absentmindedly scratched her wrist. She flinched faintly, her eyes flickering down. Droplets of blood ran down her wrist. She didn't even realize she had been scratching her wrist, nor had she realized how hard she was scratching it. Lynx's eyes narrowed. A sort of, beating, came from the cuts. It was faint though. So faint it was barely noticeable. She silently stared down at the bleeding cut, trying to figure out what it was. There was only one idea that made sense though. Something that she had not known for years. Something so common to all. Something that should be impossible for her to feel. Pain.

Lynx's gaze flickered up to Theodore, but he was to engrossed in his researching to of noticed or felt the faint bit of pain. Her gaze flickered down to her wrist. Slowly she placed her clawed hand back on top of her wrist. Slowly applying pressure, the black stained claws soon broke the skin. She dragged the claws slowly across her skin, watching the blood pour from the wounds. The beating only increased. It was constant, pounding in her head and causing her to focus on it and only it. It was still faint though, much fainter than she remembered it.

Theodore was knocked from his typing at the strong scent of blood. He felt a faint burning in his wrist, but he wasn't hurt. He quickly pushed aside the laptop to see Lynx. Her eyes were fixed on the bleeding cuts on her wrist. Theodore bolted from his seat. He scooped Lynx up in his arms and rushed her to the bathroom.

Theodore sat her on the side of the bathtub and quickly turned to the sink. He opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed some bandages. He took a wash cloth and soaked it in water.

"What were you thinking? Don't do that!" Theodore said sternly, but really he was just worried for Lynx. She looked up at him.

"You said you wouldn't do that." He said, his voice more gentle. She shook her head.

"Theodore, could you walk into the kitchen, count to ten, then come back?" Confusion filled Theodore's eyes.

"Please." She took the washcloth from his hand and pressed it to her wrist. He met her eyes to find that they were different. A flicker of something shore in her eyes, before changing back to black. Her eyes constantly flickered back and forth between black and white.

"Uh, sure." Theodore stood, looking at her, unsure. Lynx nodded, as if to encourage him. Slowly. Theodore walked from the bathroom and to the kitchen.

As Theodore walked away, Lynx felt the faint pain fade. She felt the light I her chest die out, and she returned to herself. Feeling nothing. Moments passed and after a minutes or so Lynx heard footsteps. Theodore walked back into the bathroom. The faint pain returned to her wrist and the light in her chest returned as well.

She stared at Theodore, as her hypothesis had been correct. Yet, how had it been correct? It was impossible.

"What is it? What was that for?" Theodore asked, returning to her side and removing the washcloth to wrap the bandages around the cuts.

"I had to test something, and I was correct." Theodore noted a faint sort of, change, in her voice. It was the same, yet different.

"What'd you figure out then?" Theodore asked, not looking up from wrapping her wrist.

"That I feel emotions around you. They're faint. Very faint. Almost nonexistent. But they're there."

757 words