Chapter 20

Third Person's POV:

Only the sounds of the night were heard as the six packs walked through the forests, heading towards the direction of the vampires. Some had shifted already while others remained in human forms. It was around an hour or so until dawn, and the wolves all hoped they could hold off the vampires until then. If they could, the blood suckers would burn to death in the sunlight. The wolves were sure to use whatever advantages they had.

The scents of the night and unmarked territory filled her nose, but the strongest scent was the vampires. The stench made her stomach queasy, and the thought of fleeing to merely be rid herself of the horrid scent sounded appealing. But she continued on with the packs, doing her best to ignore the sickening scent.

Theodore stood by her side, looking straight ahead. Many of the werewolves planned to shift and fight, but there were some-like her-who had decided to fight with a weapon. Held up by the black belt around her waist was a sword, a sword she had had since she was twelve. It was a simple blade, silver in color, black handle, formed from steel. The moonlight reflected off of it, making it appear to be glowing or shining.

Very few words were said as the scent of vampires grew stronger and stronger, alerting the werewolves that they were near. Theodore's gaze flickered down to Lynx, worry filling his mind. He still remembered what she had said before they left.

"Theodore, would you stay away from me during the battle? I would rather not have to feel emotions while killing, even if it is just vampires we are killing."

He agreed to her request, as it made sense. She had killed many in her life, and would likely rather not have to relive her past. He was still worried though, as she was his mate.

"Good luck. I love you." He whispered. The large outline of an abandoned house could be seen, the faint scents of many wolves leaking from it. The kidnapped had been found.

"Love you too." She whispered, slowly drawing her blade from the belt and holding it in her hands. With that, Theodore shifted, a black wolf quickly replacing him. Human shaped silhouettes slowly poured out from the house, moonlight revealing them. Their skin was ghostly pale shade, their hair either as black as midnight or as white as snow. Crimson eyes peered at the wolves, their noses wrinkling at the scents of their sworn enemies.

"Well, well, look what we have here. The werewolves. Come to take back your friends, haven't you?" The voice sent chills down her spine. The vampire king smirked at the six Alphas, enjoying the many wolves reaction to his voice.

"Return our pack mates to us and end your attacks and we can go on without a war." One of the Alphas growled. By now many wolves had shifted, merely awaiting the command from an Alpha to attack.

"Go on without a war? Where's the fun in that?" The vampire king asked, letting out a chilling laugh.

"If a battle is what you want, a battle is what you shall receive. Attack!" Another Alpha howled. Instantly the werewolves were charging forward, all wanting to sink their claws and teeth into the pale skinned blood suckers. Theodore's wolf gave her a final glance before charging off, joining the fight. Lynx lifted her sword, quick to begin running alongside her allies and enter the battle. The scents of the vampire clan and six different packs filled the land. It wasn't long before the dew covered grass was stained by blood, whether it was wolf or vampire blood was unknown to Lynx.

Her blade met it's mark, slicing through the ghostly skin of the blood suckers, but their blades scratched her just as her's scratched them. It was not long before multiple cuts covered her skin, droplets of crimson soaking into the clothes that covered her body. The sounds of wolfish growls and shrieks of vampires filled the blood tainted air. The sound of her heart beat echoed through her head, her blade seemed to have a mind of it's own as she fought. She didn't think, she couldn't think.