Chapter 11

Third Person POV:

Theodore's eyes slowly flickered open. He slowly sat up, stifling a yawn. He reached over to the night stand beside his bed and grabbed his glasses. He slid them on his face and pushed the covers aside. He let out another yawn as he stood. Theodore lifted his arms up, stretching. He blinked sleep from his eyes and he walked towards the dresser. He pulled open the drawer and rummaged through, picking a random outfit and headed towards the bathroom for a shower.

"What are we trying today?" Theodore asked as he sat down next to Lynx. In front of her was a plate with a stack of three pancakes. Syrup drenched the pancakes as well. Lynx held a fork in one hand, cutting through the pancakes and sticky syrup.

"Thought to have her try pancakes today. Here you go Theo, just how you like them. Completely drenched in syrup." May placed a plate similar to Lynx's in front of Theodore, but there were five pancakes instead and practically twice as much syrup.

"Thanks May!" Theodore wasted no time cutting up the pancakes and shoving as much as he could into his mouth. Pancakes had to be one of his favorites. May rolled her eyes and turned to Lynx, who was much cleaner about eating the pancakes.

"How at they?"

"Good. I can see why Theodore likes them so much." She turned her gaze to Theodore, who was continuing to stuff his face.

"What? Pancakes are delicious." May laughed, shaking her head before turning around and walking back to the kitchen.

Lynx turned her gaze to the front door, hearing it open. Alpha Austin walked in, a serious expression on his face.

"Austin! May made pancakes!" Theodore called out to his best friend.

"We don't have time for pancakes Theodore. We need to talk. Now." Theodore's cheerful expression was wiped from his face. Austin was not serious very often, so this had to be very important.

Theodore, Austin, Lynx, and May all sat in the meeting room.

"So, what's going on?" Theodore asked.

"Vampires. The Nightmare Rogues." Everyone seemed to freeze at the name of the vampire clan. The Nightmare Rogues were a famous vampire clan, and not for good reasons. They were demonic creatures who were rumored to be experimenting with black magic, or dark magic as some may call it. This was of course illegal amongst the wizard community, and it was dangerous. This vampire clan also was said to feed on human blood, which was illegal for vampires to do. This caused many demon hunters to target them, but all had failed so far.

"They're raising in power. This may cause unwanted trouble, to not only us but to the entire werewolf community. Now don't panic, this doesn't mean we're going to war. I merely want all of us to be on our guard. Theodore if you could alert patrols to keep a watch out that'd be great." Theodore nodded at the command, reminding himself to do that later.

"I've heard of them, the Nightmare Rogues. They employed a werewolf spy, threatening to kill his family of he didn't do as asked." Austin and Theodore looked at Lynx in surprise.

"Where did you learn of this?" Austin asked.

"The Black Talon pack had captured the spy. He was our prisoner. The Alpha questioned him, and got his answers quite easily. I was there."

"Why were you at the questioning? You were not the Beta or Delta."

"I was the executer of course. I killed the man once the questioning was done." The room went silent. The Alpha, Luna, and Beta had forgotten the rumors of the emotionless assassin. They were true then. The Black Talon pack had an emotionless assassin. Lynx had been that assassin.

"Oh, right. You were the assassin. Well, it's good to know that the clan is recruiting spies, and by force as well. Thank you for telling me this, Lynx." Austin quickly wrote down the new information.

"Well, that's all. No need to worry about the clan to much yet. Not until we know if they truly are a threat and what they might want." Theodore stood and left the room, Lynx following him. Theodore found himself shocked. He truly had forgotten that Lynx had been an assassin. And it scared him to know just how much blood might be staining her hands.

735 words