Chapter 18

Third Person's POV:

Lynx stared at the television in Theodore's bedroom with a bored expression. Nothing on it appeared to be interesting. Theodore lay next to her, his head leaning on her shoulder.

"So, I was wondering if you would want to meet my parents?" His voice broke the silence, his eyes flickering up to look at her. She shrugged.

"Sure I guess."

"Okay, cool. Maybe we could go over to dinner later? They have been dying to meet you." Lynx nodded in agreement, fixing her eyes back on the television screen.

"I was, also wonder if, maybe you could, tell me about your parents?" Her glaze switched from the television to him, her eyes a bit shocked.

"Oh, uh sure, I guess. Well, I never met my mom, she died at child birth. But my dad, we were close. He was always kind and liked to spoil me sometimes. He was often happy but, you could see the sadness in his eyes too. That sadness and grief imprisoned him. But other than that, he was a good man."

"He sounded like he was a good man." Theodore murmured, feeling bad about having brought it up. Lynx did not seem to mind though.

Theodore quickly walked through the kitchen and towards the front door. Lynx stood there waiting.

"Hey, ready to go?" He questioned once he reached her. She nodded. He opened the door, holding it open for her before following her outside. Taking Lynx's hand, he began walking through the pack house in the direction of the house he had grown up in.

A simple house stood before him. Painted a dull golden color, it was small, yet nice. Some of the paint was peeling, and the wood it was made out of looked old. Windows with closed curtains revealing where rooms could be. A door painted a nice shade of brown stood at the front. Theodore lead her towards it, walking up the wooden steps of the front deck. A small welcome mat lay just in front of the door, the word 'welcome' was faded with age.

Reaching out his free hand, Theodore pressed the small dull ivory button. A ringing sound announcing their arrival rang out through the house and could faintly be heard from outside. The two waited patiently, Lynx unsure of what to expect and Theodore praying his parents would not embarrass him. Around a minute passed before the door swung open, revealing a kind looking woman with eyes that reminded Lynx of Theodore's.

"Theodore! Lynx! Welcome, welcome, come in, come in." She quickly beckoned the two in. She pulled Theodore into a motherly embrace before turning her attention to Lynx.

"And you must be Lynx! We have heard much about you." Lynx held her hand out to shake the woman's hand, but she had other plans. Theodore's mother quickly pulled Lynx into an embrace, surprising Lynx. She had not expected such hospitality.

"The mate of my son will be treated as family, not as a guest. You are welcome anytime dear. Oh, and call me Charlotte." His mother, Charlotte, quickly headed further into the house, pulling the two with her.

"Theodore!" An excited shout rang out, following by the sound of quick foot prints. A young girl, around eight, suddenly jumped up, wrapping her arms around Theodore. He quickly lifted the girl up, swinging her around, which caused her to laugh.

"How've you been, Lillian?" He asked once he had set the girl back down onto her feet.

"Good." She replied, an innocent grin plastered on her face. She had dark hair, similar to Theodore's and forest green eyes. She wore a simple dark purple dress and clean white socks. Her hair was long and wavy, brushed behind her ears to keep it from getting in her face.

"Lillian, I would like you to meet Lynx. She's my mate." He said the last part quieter, almost as if telling a secret. Lillian looked up at the silver haired girl, her eyes uncertain.

"If my big brother's ever mean to you, tell me. I'll deal with him." Lillian said, a grin quickly forming on her face. Lynx let out a laugh, looking from Theodore to Lillian. Theodore glared mockingly at his sister, a faint smile on his lips.

"Well, that is very good to know, but don't worry, your brother is very nice." Lynx crouched down so she was eye level with the eight year old. Lillian nodded, seeming happy with the answer.

"Good, I like you. You're nice." She decided before wrapping her arms around Lynx. Lynx smiled, wrapping her arms around the girl for a moment before standing back up.

"You kids ready to eat?" Charlotte called from the kitchen, placing plates and silverware on the table.

"Mom, we and Lynx are not children. I am the Beta of the pack." Theodore commented, walking into the kitchen. Lynx followed, Lillian by her side.

"Has he marked you yet?" Lynx's attention was caught by the young girl's question. She stared up at Lynx with curious eyes.

"Lillian! You do not ask someone that, whether or not he had marked her is private information to them. If they choose to tell us, then they will but you do not just ask someone that." Charlotte was quick to reprimand her daughter, glaring at her with disapproval.

"It's alright, Mrs. Grey- I mean, Charlotte. I don't mind." Lillian stared up ar the silver haired girl with curious eyes, obviously still wondering what the answer to her inquiry was. Lynx chuckled faintly, her hand lifting up to the sleeve that covered the mark. Pulling it down, a scar that appeared to be an unhealed bite appeared. The skin around it was a rosy red color, the deep imprints where teeth had once been were clearly visible. Lillian's eyes lit up with interest.

"It looks so weird. Why is it like that?" The young girl let out a giggle, her eyes fixed on the scar.

"It's supposed to look like that, Lily. It just looks like that, no reason why." Theodore explained before lifting the eight year old up onto his shoulders. He carried her into the kitchen where Charlotte stood waiting. Soon enough all four werewolves were seated at the table, happily dining on the food Charlotte had prepared.

"I like your hair, it's pretty. I've never met anyone with silver hair before. Did you dye it? Mum, can I dye my hair?" Lillian was quick to go from complimenting Lynx to begging her mother for something. Charolette let out a sigh, glancing apologetically at Lynx.

"No, Lillian, you cannot dye your hair."

"Why not? Lynx did!" A pouting face plastered itself onto Lillian. Crossing her arms, she sat in her chair, glaring down at her food.

"Lillian, I didn't dye my hair, its from--" Lynx stopped in her tracks, unsure if she should continue. Her gaze flickered up to Charlotte, who now looked just as confused as Lillian. Her gaze darted over to Theodore, who smiled nervously.

"You...didn't tell them...?" Her voice was quieter now, her eyes fixed on Theodore.

"I didn't think to, it sort of just slipped my mind." His eyes darted down to his food. Quietly he continued to eat.

"Theodore, what is it you two didn't tell me?" Charlotte murmured, looking to her son.

"Lynx had silver poisoning when she was around Lillian's age." Silence engulfed the kitchen. Theodore returned his gaze to his plate. He had never liked talking about Lynx and the fact that she had once had silver poisoning, he preferred to act like it did not exist.

"What side effect?" Charolette was the first to break the silence, looking at Lynx with sad, pitiful eyes.

"Lost emotions." The room was once again covered in silence. Charlotte merely stared at Lynx, shock and confusion evident in her eyes. Lillian seemed to be confused, but knew it was best for her to remain silent.

"I don't know why, and I don't know how, but I can feel some emotions around Theodore. Some are stronger than others, and some emotions I cannot even feel, but I can feel partly, at least." Charlotte shook her head, looking amazed and disbelieving.

"T-That's impossible."

"Trust me, I know."