Chapter 9 Alula and Abigail

Alula

~~~

"Jane am I missed back home? Do you miss me?" I ask in a small voice. I've been worrying that my masters have moved on from me.

"Alula you are irreplaceable so of course we all miss you terribly," Jane replies coolly and brings a smile to my face.

"I miss you all as well and I think I may want to come home soon," I admit. The Cullen's are fantastic but my home is in Volterra and I miss my masters. Here in Forks I have to listen to their opinions about the Volturi and I'm getting tangled in their lives.

The Cullen's have all tried to be welcoming but I can tell they don't want me here, I present a threat to them.

"Oh really? Has Bella been turned yet?" I bite my lip and suck in a deep breath.

"No."

"Then why do you want to return? Have the Cullen Coven been unwelcoming?" Jane inquires sharply. 

"No no Jane, they've all been very kind. I've just never been away from home before and I don't belong here in the slightest," I explain and nervously pull at my shirt.

"Well I'm sure Aro will let you come back and he won't mind you didn't stay," Jane assures and my heart sinks.

Master Aro will be so disappointed.

"No Jane don't!" I exclaim in a rush. Maybe things aren't so bad...I mean Rosalie and Emmet have been wonderful, Carlisle tries to make my daily life as close to my life in Volterra as possible, and Reyna is someone I can talk to who understands. Reyna even greeted me the way any other Volturi would when she came back: she kissed me. Reyna stands up for me so maybe I should stay for her, I can help her come to terms with what happened.

"Why not? You want to come home do you not?"

"I do I do but I need to finish here. I said I would so I am. Don't tell Master Aro about my moment of weakness please," I murmur.

"Anything for you pet, now who would you like to speak to next?" I giggle and bite my lip.

"Who wants to speak to me the most?"

~~~

After a half hour of goodbyes I hang up and sigh.

"Okay Alula you have to do something instead of sitting around," I hiss to myself and get up to stair out my window.

Wait, Carlisle is at work, Esme is shopping, and everyone else is at school which means I can sneak out! Finally I'm unsupervised and free to go out.

I let out an excited squeal and pull my black cloak over the dark blue Lolita dress I'm wearing. On my way out I grab a pair of black pumps and my wallet. The Volturi send me a hefty monthly allowance that I carry in the handmade pockets I had sewn into all my clothes.

As soon as I get out the door I stop short. I don't know how to drive.

"Okay well I can walk until I get to the town then I'll call a cab," I say to myself and with my head held high I start down the long driveway.

Fueled by determination and the knowledge that the Cullen's will come for me as soon as they find out I'm gone I manage to make it to the small town in twenty minutes. Deciding I don't need a cab I stroll down the streets myself.

My wide eyes scan the modern small town in awe, I've never seen a town like this before. The only town I've ever really seen was Volterra. I pass the library and stop in a small park.

"Cute dress." The comment snaps my gaze to a dark haired woman sitting on a park bench with a book in hand.

"Oh thanks!" I reply and stare at her two different colored eyes. "Cute eyes."