Chapter 28 Training

Reyna

~~~

With that said I surge forward to tackle Jasper. He jumps up and lands behind me as I swivel and redirect. I manage to tackle him down but as I wrap my arms around him he grabs my wrists and he's suddenly behind me pinning my arms to my back.

"You have to be careful and clever," Jasper instructs to the wolves and releases my wrists. Grinning I whip around to throw him back but he catches me arms and stops me. "The fight isn't over until the head is off."

"Good point," I huff out and shake his hand. "Go again? Or do you want someone else to try?"

"How about we give Emmett a rematch," Jasper suggests and I peer over my shoulder to see Emmett punching his fists together.

"Alright winner faces me again," I declare and saunter over to Bella and Alula. She's smiling widely at me and clapping.

"I've never seen the full range of your abilities, you're amazingly strong Reyna," Bella remarks and I preen. I nearly forget the wolves judging gazes.

"Emmett?" Jasper calls and Emmett stomps forward. Jasper gestures for Emmett to attack. "Don't hold back."

"Not in my nature," Emmet growls back and charges Jasper with impossible speed but Jasper is a virtual blue. Emmett lunges several times grabbing at air each time Jasper dodges.

"You have to come at them from the side, and keep moving. Always moving," Jasper guides and Emmett lunges again but Jasper is faster. Suddenly Emmett freezes as Jasper grabs him from behind, his teeth and inch from Emmett's throat.

Bella is taken aback by Jasper's skill with this. There's an impressed rumble among the watching wolves, except for Jacob.

As Jasper releases Emmet I sprint froward and slam into him from the side. We both hit the ground hard and I start cackling in pride for myself.

"Yes! Caught you off guard," I cheer and stand up. Jasper promptly comes up behind me and traps me in his arms.

"You still lose," he says and I giggle.

"Yes but it was worth it." I've never been able to just let go and use all my strength and abilities before. This is exhilarating.

"I wanna try!" Alula shouts and runs up gently ramming into Jasper and I. For her sake we dramatically fall to the ground and she laughs loudly. Alula jumps up and then runs into Emmet. He picks her right up off the ground and twirls her around. She cheers loudly and grabs hold of his neck playfully. Emmet smiles and places her on his shoulders.

Springing to my feet I brush myself off and tighten my ponytail.

"Rosalie how about you spar with Reyna," Jasper suggests and Rosalie smiles at me. Her hair is pulled back in a tight braid and she's dressed in a grey tracksuit.

Rosalie nods at me and cracks her neck. In a frenzy I rush forward and make grabby hands for her. Rosalie twirls away and yanks my leg out from under me. I hit the ground face first and Rosalie jumps on top holding me down. Using my superior strength I push my arms up and roll us over. My back is pressed against her chest while she clutched my throat.

"Got you," she sing songs and let's me go.

"Yeah you did." I get up and face Jasper. "Playing the dumb newborn is no fun."