Chapter 40 Fight

Allie

Allie

~~~

My whole body aches as Carlisle gently carries me out.

Outside Billy is crying quietly while the pack tries to comfort him.

"I set all her bones, Jacob will heal fine now," Carlisle declares and the crying man smiles in relief.

"What's wrong with her?" an unfamiliar voice bluntly asks.

"Allie here used her special ability to take Jacob's pain. That was her screaming," Carlisle informs.

"She did that?" a female voice squeaks in shock.

"Yes she did, the black you see running through her veins is his pain. She's quite exhausted so I think I'll take her home now," Carlisle informs and starts to stride away.

"Wait! Please let us thank her," Billy calls and Carlisle turns. Blearily I open my eyes and weakly smile at the assembled people. "Thank you so much for what you did for my son. It was extremely selfless."

"I try to be," I joke, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Her eyes," a strange voice hisses making me glance at a tall, shirtless, dark haired man. When our eyes meet he seizes up and his face twists into a confused expression.

"Yes some vampires have abilities and Allie's are taking pain and being human. She has to eat and sleep, she can cry, she can get sick, and she's cold very often," Carlisle explains but my eyes stay trained on the dark haired man. He's still staring at me.

Right on cue my stomach growls and I look away.

"I'd love to talk more but I need to eat. I'm craving some pork, pickles, vanilla ice cream, and maybe after all that I'll have some marshmallows," I ramble and yawn. "Then sleep."

"Eat here!" the man suddenly shouts. The pack all stares at the man oddly.

"Paul?" a younger member says questioningly. I assume he's the young wolf who saved me this morning.

"She helped you this morning Seth and she just took all the agony of bone breaking from Jacob," the man, Paul, persists. I raise an eyebrow at him and Carlisle smiles like the polite man he is.

"I agree, we can for sure make her some good pork and the boys can run and get those other things," a scarred woman adds. I assume this is Emily.

"Get her inside, come on boys lets show this girl a pack meal," Billy exclaims and rolls inside.

"Alright I'm down," I say to Carlisle. "I think you can put me down too." Slowly Carlisle puts me on my feet. As soon as I put weight on them I fall forward in pain.