Chapter 10 Nathan and Isla

Alula

Alula

~~~

"Why did you do this?" Carlisle asks and I lean back into the couch. All the Cullen's are staring at me with frowns and crossed arms.

"I wanted to go out alone for once in my life and experience the modern world. Carlisle I didn't even know what a McDonalds was!" I exclaim angrily. I've never really been truly angry or ever desired to go outside but not being a pet to the Cullen's changed me. "I am not a child Carlisle I am older than you!"

The Cullen's all go silent and stare at me.

"I didn't age mentally nor psychically with the Volturi. Here in Forks is the first time I have ever lived any differently. All I wanted was to be independent once before I return to my life in Volterra," I explain sullenly then rise to my feet and stalk back up to my room.

I sit at my vanity and stare in the mirror. My hands go up to my collar and I contemplate taking it off for the first time in many many years.

~~~

Reyna

~~~

"So the vamps and the wolves are taking turns babysitting us now?" I mumble from the backseat of Edwards Volvo.

"Not babysitting just guarding," Edward points out and I roll my eyes.

"Sure sure," I huff. Bella looks back at me and smiles. I give her a very sarcastic grin back.

Minutes later Edward pulls over to the side of the road and we all climb out.

About 30 yards away Jacob is leaning shirtless against his Volkswagen looking as handsome as ever.

"Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian," I mutter to myself. Don't get me wrong I love being bisexual but I hate that I'm attracted to Jacob and I hate my stupid crush on him.

"Doesn't he own a shirt?" Edward grumbles and I shoot Bella a look. She immediately realizes and nods.

"Angela is a wise woman," Bella muses and Edward looks at her with a confused expression.

"What does Angela have to do with-"

"You should go. No rush. We're good here," Bella says cutting him off and taking my hand.

"Yeah peace out Edward," I mutter. In response Edward pulls Bella closer and I groan in annoyance.

"I hate being away from you," Edward whispers and abruptly starts kissing her very passionately.